Packing a Table from a VB Front End
Author Message
 Packing a Table from a VB Front End

Hi All,

I have put this under the VB group as well but thought
someone here might know............

Does anyone know how to "PACK" a Visual FoxPro table when
using a Visual Basic front end with an ADO Connection.

I have done it previously by running a .exe file from a
shell within VB but would like to know if it is possible
to do it through the Connection Object.

Thanks,

Greg

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:58:12 GMT
 Packing a Table from a VB Front End
Exec("PACK tablename")
Tablename has to be opened exclusive.
-Anders

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I have put this under the VB group as well but thought
> someone here might know............

> Does anyone know how to "PACK" a Visual FoxPro table when
> using a Visual Basic front end with an ADO Connection.

> I have done it previously by running a .exe file from a
> shell within VB but would like to know if it is possible
> to do it through the Connection Object.

> Thanks,

> Greg

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:03:02 GMT
 Packing a Table from a VB Front End
"HOWTO: Pack a Table Through the Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver (VFPODBC.dll)"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234756

http://mdsn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro  http://foxcentral.net

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to "PACK" a Visual FoxPro table when
> using a Visual Basic front end with an ADO Connection.

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:15:45 GMT

1. Front-end back-end Access, FP, VB aaarghh

2. FP Tables with VB Front End

3. VB vs. FoxPro as Front-end tool

4. Windows front end and Web server back end?

5. C++ Front-End, Foxpro tables?

6. Packing a Table from VB

7. HTML front end for Foxpro

8. front end tool evaluation

9. Fox as Oracle Front-end

10. Fox Pro front end to Oracle

11. Easy Front End?

12. Why use Foxpro as SQL front-end? (opinions,