Divide by Zero or Overflow Error
Author Message
 Divide by Zero or Overflow Error

There are several people in my department who are still using fpw26 for
an application that we have not migrated to a newer front-end yet.  They
are all running gateway PC's with 128 MB of RAM (either 400-MHz or
600-MHz models) on Windows NT 4.0 workstation (service pack 5).

As soon as they launch the program, many of them get the following error
message: "Divide by Zero or Overflow Error" and the only option is to
click OK.  Sometimes, they may try several times & it eventually works,
but most of the time, they just get this error.

Is there a workaround for this problem short of installing Visual Fox
Pro?  Whatever advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Divide by Zero or Overflow Error

Quote:

> .....As soon as they launch the program, many of them get the following
> error
> message: "Divide by Zero or Overflow Error" .....
> Is there a workaround for this problem short of installing Visual Fox
> Pro?  Whatever advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe,

That is a well known problem with FPW and there is a patch. Go to
 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q240/9/82.ASP

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Divide by zero or overflow error

2. error "overflow or divide by zero"

3. Divide by zero error

4. divide by zero error with Foxpro 2.6 and NT4

5. FP2.6W Divide by zero error on fast PC

6. Divide by zero error

7. Divide by Zero error can't be fixed

8. 2.6 Divide by Zero Error when loading???

9. FoxPro 2.5 Zero Divide Error on 500Mhz Machine

10. Divide by Zero error

11. Divide by zero error

12. Divide by zero error in 2.6