scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory
Author Message
 scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

I inherited a VFP 7.0 program that has some bugs. The most pressing is
caused by the properties for the .scx file calling a Database at
G:\foodcost\data\testco\fooodcost.dbc when it should call
G:\foodcost\data\foodcost.dbc

Where in the form or project do I change this?  While I am very
familiar with he DOS-based versions of FP, I am new to VFP.

thank you.

CdlCruz

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:50:39 GMT
 scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory
If you have the source code, start by looking in the main routine for:

set default to G:\foodcost\data\testco

Quote:
>Subject: scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

>Date: 9/19/2001 12:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>I inherited a VFP 7.0 program that has some bugs. The most pressing is
>caused by the properties for the .scx file calling a Database at
>G:\foodcost\data\testco\fooodcost.dbc when it should call
>G:\foodcost\data\foodcost.dbc

>Where in the form or project do I change this?  While I am very
>familiar with he DOS-based versions of FP, I am new to VFP.

Mike

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:30:56 GMT
 scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

md.aol.com:

Quote:
> If you have the source code, start by looking in the main routine for:

> set default to G:\foodcost\data\testco

>>Subject: scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

>>Date: 9/19/2001 12:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>>I inherited a VFP 7.0 program that has some bugs. The most pressing is
>>caused by the properties for the .scx file calling a Database at
>>G:\foodcost\data\testco\fooodcost.dbc when it should call
>>G:\foodcost\data\foodcost.dbc

>>Where in the form or project do I change this?  While I am very
>>familiar with he DOS-based versions of FP, I am new to VFP.

> Mike

And make sure that only the directory of the *desired*
DBC is in the VFP path.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:56:08 GMT
 scx file calls right table, wrong subdirectory

Quote:
> I inherited a VFP 7.0 program that has some bugs. The most pressing is
> caused by the properties for the .scx file calling a Database at
> G:\foodcost\data\testco\fooodcost.dbc when it should call
> G:\foodcost\data\foodcost.dbc

> Where in the form or project do I change this?  While I am very
> familiar with he DOS-based versions of FP, I am new to VFP.

Did you check the data environment?

Bring up the form in development mode and
right click on it and select Data Environment.

Paul Lee ........... Abri Technologies ......... http://abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:57:47 GMT

1. How do I find DOS 8.3 File/subdirectory names for files

2. How to create a SPR file from a form(SCX FILE)

3. FPW26: conversion spr.file --> scx.file

4. Edit buttons on form call to wrong work area

5. View is using wrong tables - Help.

6. USE IN command closing the wrong table!!

7. restoring scx file from sct

8. print .scx file

9. Right outer join from 3 tables

10. DO FORM says File x.scx not found