? Set Device To Print -Reply
Author Message
 ? Set Device To Print -Reply

Newsgroups: comp.databases.xbase.fox

: > Help !
: > I am converting some DBASE programs which use the Command

: > The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6,
: > BUT IT DOESN'T !!
: > Any one know why, I am tearing my hair out !!

: It DOES work, but for some unknown reason, the file is open on the
the
: printer and not closed. The ONLY way to close it (for what I know
now) is
: to QUIT FoxPro. Your text should then be printed.

Just a thought: Do you have Print Manager enabled?  It could be
holding
the output waiting for the end of the 'job'.

: --
: Jean-Yves Hemlin
: Bell Sygma Solutions Tlcom - Services Conseils en Informatique
: (613) 781-2988

: "DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"

--

Student Residential Programs   Western Illinois University

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

then issue SET PRINTER OFF when you are done. This will close the
print job and release it for the windows print manager.

Corby

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:30:31 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print -Reply
: |>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
: Newsgroups: comp.databases.xbase.fox

                                                ^
                                               ^^^

Hey! how did he do that? an accute e on the internet. Neat.
DO the canadians have something I don't - but how did our STRICTLY
MONOLINGUAL SYSTEM interpret it?

Richard Pennell History National University of SIngapore

why is it in the imperfect anyway. SUrely "a e'crit" would have been better?

Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:08:31 GMT

1. ? Set Device To Print -Reply

2. Printing using set device to and set printer on

3. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

4. Setting a print device

5. ? Set Device To Print

6. SET DEVICE TO PRINT ignored on NT 4.0

7. SET DEVICE TO PRINT problem

8. Printing with set device to

9. Multiple SET DEVICE TO FILE commands

10. set device to printer prompt ?