Check box and fast double clicks
Author Message
 Check box and fast double clicks
I am working with some check boxes right now. I just noticed that if I
quickly click and click again the check box, the click method fires and the
doubleclick method fires, instead of the click method firing twice, and the
value of the control does NOT toggle twice. From the user's perspective,
they click the box twice, and it only changes state once. Is there any
control over this, or is this a Windows/VFP feature that we have no control
over? I'd like the state of the checkbox to change state twice when the user
quickly clicks twice on it.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:59:24 GMT
 Check box and fast double clicks
Hi,

Check out the _DBLCLICK vfp system variable.
--
Roger Ansell
Adelaide, Australia

My real email address is ransell  at senet.dot com dot au

Quote:

> I am working with some check boxes right now. I just noticed that if I
> quickly click and click again the check box, the click method fires and the
> doubleclick method fires, instead of the click method firing twice, and the
> value of the control does NOT toggle twice. From the user's perspective,
> they click the box twice, and it only changes state once. Is there any
> control over this, or is this a Windows/VFP feature that we have no control
> over? I'd like the state of the checkbox to change state twice when the user
> quickly clicks twice on it.

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 13:46:37 GMT
 Check box and fast double clicks
Yup, just what I was looking for - tnx! :)

Quote:
> Hi,

> Check out the _DBLCLICK vfp system variable.
> --
> Roger Ansell
> Adelaide, Australia

> My real email address is ransell  at senet.dot com dot au

Quote:
> > I am working with some check boxes right now. I just noticed that if I
> > quickly click and click again the check box, the click method fires and
the
> > doubleclick method fires, instead of the click method firing twice, and
the
> > value of the control does NOT toggle twice. From the user's perspective,
> > they click the box twice, and it only changes state once. Is there any
> > control over this, or is this a Windows/VFP feature that we have no
control
> > over? I'd like the state of the checkbox to change state twice when the
user
> > quickly clicks twice on it.

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 04:16:39 GMT

1. click or double click on a grid cell does not respond

2. Tree control responds to a click when a windows popup is double clicked

3. Tree control responds to a click when a windows popup is double clicked

4. Stop click event executing on double click

5. Double Click?

6. Double Click and Drag and Drop

7. FP for Macintosh: Problem with double-clicking lists

8. DOUBLE-CLICKING ON BROWSES

9. Logical change with double-click

10. Capturing a double-click within a FOX Window

11. Help says INKEY can detect double click???

12. Double Click on memo field