Help w/Multi Screen Inputs Within Same Window
Author Message
 Help w/Multi Screen Inputs Within Same Window

I have just begun learning FoxPro 2.6 for Windows.  I have an armful
of books and reference materials.  I have a table with about 15-20
screens full of data input required.  I cannot for the life of me
figure out a relatively easy way to create an entry screen with
toolbar that lets me page back and forth and/or choose a button to
jump to screen 8 (or whatever) directly without having to create a new
window.  I would just like to redraw the new fields of that particular
screen over the existing screen without closing and opening another
window.  My ultimate goal is to have the screen specific buttons in a
row going down the right side of the screen, and have each successive
screen jump redraw the screen outline to run around the button - in
essence mimicing an active tab data entry module (the active tab being
the screen button just pushed, with the new screen border lines now
going around the button as a tab.  Any help, recommendations, pointers
to a piece of sample code or a particular book ( my bookshelf wont
hold much more) would be tremendously appreciated.

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help w/Multi Screen Inputs Within Same Window
first place all screens in a screen set (through the project manager)
then place an invisible button on each screen called m.iScreen1,
m.iScreen2 m.iscreen3, etc.
place the push buttons to get to the screens (as you described)
on every screen and in the valid clause of these push buttons
place a procedure like:
_curobj=objnum(m.iScreen1)

this will make the invisible button on screen one active
also place a ".f." (no quotes) as the when clause (expression)
on the invisible buttons, make the invisible buttons the first get
objects in each screen (object order) this will cause the "goto"
buttons to activate the screen you want then drop to the first get on
that specific screen.  e-mail me and I will send you a cool setup
to show screen sets in fox 2.6 similar to the file-folder
like tabs in the visual fox 3.0 fos.
-Andy

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help w/Multi Screen Inputs Within Same Window
well, why don't you just create the 15-20 screen seperately and generate
them into seperate .SPR programs.  then when you push your buttons on the
side of the screen simply call the appropriate .SPR.  Think of
modularizing (is this a real word?!!?) your data entry programs into
seperate screens then simply run the appropriate ones when you need
them..

                                   fox-licked.

Wed, 25 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Help w/Multi Screen Inputs Within Same Window

Quote:

>I have just begun learning FoxPro 2.6 for Windows.  I have an armful
>of books and reference materials.  I have a table with about 15-20
>screens full of data input required.  I cannot for the life of me
>figure out a relatively easy way to create an entry screen with
>toolbar that lets me page back and forth and/or choose a button to
>jump to screen 8 (or whatever) directly without having to create a new
>window.  I would just like to redraw the new fields of that particular
>screen over the existing screen without closing and opening another
>window.  My ultimate goal is to have the screen specific buttons in a
>row going down the right side of the screen, and have each successive
>screen jump redraw the screen outline to run around the button - in
>essence mimicing an active tab data entry module (the active tab being
>the screen button just pushed, with the new screen border lines now
>going around the button as a tab.  Any help, recommendations, pointers
>to a piece of sample code or a particular book ( my bookshelf wont
>hold much more) would be tremendously appreciated.

Look for TABS.ZIP on any of the usual FOXPRO sites. It is one easy
solution to your problem. It lets you link screens in a method similar
to WinWord 6's options screen if you have WOrd 6 to look at.

Cheers,
Chris.
(PS. You need the GENSCRNX drivers for it btw)

Fri, 27 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. scrollable input windows (Not Screens) for FPW2.6

2. on key label and browse windows within screens

3. Browse window within a SCREEN

4. Need help with an input screen and variables

5. HELP-Two input screens with fields from two related tables

6. Help: Browse window in screen-gen window??

7. Help! Browse in input window FPW 2.5

8. URGENT HELP: multi-window SHOW GETS

9. Scroll Bars on Data Input Screens ?

10. Screen Input Field