Main form not unloading when Child forms are open
Author Message
 Main form not unloading when Child forms are open

Hi all,

Sorry to be posting so many silly problems lately, but this one is a major
pain that has had me wasting the last two days, and I've go nowhere.

If I have a child form open and then click on the Main forms X in the top
right, I see all the childs events firing, Destroy then Unload, but the
process stops there! The whole app just waits on the main forms READ EVENTS
that was issued just after the DO FORM MainForm + it freezes the VFP session
and de{*filter*}.

If I close the child before hand, and then the main form, I see the main
forms destory and unload events fire accordingly.

If I leave a child form open and put some QueryUnload code in the main form,
this fires, so does the child form code, but again the whole app
freezes(de{*filter*} and foxpro).  I have to actually end the task, closing all
three at the same time, and sometimes end up corrupting the project files.
This is unbearable.  Do I need to release some variables or references , use
the LINKED word to load the child forms, or what ?

Any help wil be GREATLY appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Karl D-B

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Main form not unloading when Child forms are open
Queryunload does not run with a release(). It runs when you shut the form
down with the X.
Allen

Quote:
> If I leave a child form open and put some QueryUnload code in the main
form,
> this fires, so does the child form code, but again the whole app
> freezes(de{*filter*} and foxpro).  I have to actually end the task, closing

all

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. top level forms, child forms, _Screen, the main foxpro window

2. ? enable parent form from events when calling child form

3. Child Form within a Form

4. Adding splash/logon forms after main form ShowWindow prop = 2

5. making forms to be main screen instead of reside in vfp main window

6. Opening form: not a table

7. Secont form does not open

8. File Not Open error when saving changes to a form

9. Form Not Active After Open ????????

10. form can not be opened

11. Can not open form, how to repair?

12. Saving grid column widths on form unload