Can i create a Community?
Author Message
 Can i create a Community?

How can i create a posting community like this one? that can be viewed on
outlook?

Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:25:38 GMT
 Can i create a Community?

Quote:
> How can i create a posting community like this one? that can be
> viewed on outlook?

James, I'm not sure what you mean but I'll take a guess.

You're using the web interface to the Microsoft "Communities" and you want
to use Outlook Express to read and post to this newsgroup. (Outlook doesn't
read news.)

To do this, open Outlook Express (it comes with Windows) and from the Menu
choose Tools | Accounts | Add | News.

Enter your name and email address in the dialog. The news server is
msnews.microsoft.com (it's free) and there is no login.

After that, Finish out of the dialog and answer Yes when it asks you if you
want to download newsgroups for your new account. In the "Display newsgroups
which contain" box put fox to filter for the FoxPro and Visual FoxPro
newsgroups.

That should get you started. Post back if you need more help.

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:50:40 GMT
 Can i create a Community?

Quote:
> How can i create a posting community like this one? that can be viewed on
> outlook?

Hello James Wong,
As I understand you want to host a news service?
And your wondering what software could be used for that right?
Well, Microsoft Exchange Server could be your option.

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:27:29 GMT

1. VFP8 Task Pane Community view

2. Microsoft's Open Letter to the FoxPro Community

3. MS Letter to VFP Community

4. Creating an EXE from a APP created by FOXAPP.APP

5. 'create cursor' creates problem

6. Programmatically creating code behind a created object.

7. Creating a local view using CREATE SQL VIEW

8. Compile problems; VFP 3; Canned App

9. a 9,000,000+ members community recruiting FREE members !!

10. ODBC not able to create free tables and create an index on them?

11. How to create textcontrol same behaviour as FORM WIZARD created form ?

12. How to create resource meter