Rich Text Format - ole control
Author Message
 Rich Text Format - ole control

Anyone notice the bug in Microsoft's rich text control richtx32.ocx?  When you
maximize the form and then close it, you will get an ole exception error after
closing the next form.  The way around it appears to set the windowstate
property to Normal before closing the form.

Mike

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:41:29 GMT
 Rich Text Format - ole control
Nope, I don't see that.  Must be something specific to your environment?

--
Fred

Quote:
> Anyone notice the bug in Microsoft's rich text control richtx32.ocx?  When
you
> maximize the form and then close it, you will get an ole exception error
after
> closing the next form.  The way around it appears to set the windowstate
> property to Normal before closing the form.

> Mike

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:44:58 GMT
 Rich Text Format - ole control
I'm with Fred. I have no problem. I'm running VFP 6.0 SP 4. My RichTx32.OCX
is version 6.0.88.4.  (BTW, when reporting issues like this, it would really
help to post the version information.)

I suggest you simplify the situation and build up til you find what's really
triggering the crash.

--

Nancy

Please post replies to the newsgroup
so everybody benefits from the
discussion.

Best viewed with a non-proportional font.

Quote:
> Anyone notice the bug in Microsoft's rich text control richtx32.ocx?  When
you
> maximize the form and then close it, you will get an ole exception error
after
> closing the next form.  The way around it appears to set the windowstate
> property to Normal before closing the form.

> Mike

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:08:00 GMT
 Rich Text Format - ole control
Mike-

Quote:
> Anyone notice the bug in Microsoft's rich text control richtx32.ocx?  When
you
> maximize the form and then close it, you will get an ole exception error
after
> closing the next form.  The way around it appears to set the windowstate
> property to Normal before closing the form.

> Mike

I forgot something in my first reply. I've just been dealing with the RTF
control and had a fatal crash (trashed my whole OS) when I tried to
SelPrint() the contents of a RTF control with lines terminated with CHR(13)
instead of CHR(13) + CHR(10).  Dunno if that helps, but might be a clue.
Took me a long time to track down. :-\

(Again, VFP 6.0 sp 4 and RTF 6.0.88.4.)

--

Nancy

Please post replies to the newsgroup
so everybody benefits from the
discussion.

Best viewed with a non-proportional font.

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:31:28 GMT

1. Rich Text Nightmare (merging two rich text files)

2. Rich Text Controls -- TX Control vs AllText

3. Rich Text Format / WP style in Fox?

4. Rich Text Format etc.

5. Rich Text format

6. Rich text format

7. Rich Text Format Printing Problem

8. Need Help With (RTF) rich text format

9. Rich Text Format - Next Page and Codes

10. Rich Text Format - Next P

11. Rich Text Format and Common Dialog Question

12. Printing Rich Text Format in VFP