vfp6 storing records in foxpro 2 table
Author Message
 vfp6 storing records in foxpro 2 table

I would like to store data in foxpro 2 table using
vfp6, so that the table afterwards can be read by foxpro 2
app (no indexes on the table). Can anyone tell me how to
do it? - Is is possible at all?

Thanx in advance
Marek

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:36:41 GMT
 vfp6 storing records in foxpro 2 table
since the table has already been created (free from a database container)
you can use the normal FoxPro commands (USE, APPEND BLANK, INSEART
INTO......so on and so on).  the thing you need to be concerned about is the
codepage.  this is from FoxPro 6.0 help

Specifies whether the Code Page dialog box is displayed when a table is
opened.

Syntax

SET CPDIALOG ON | OFF

Arguments

ON

(Default) Displays the Code Page dialog box when you open a table and the
following conditions are true:

The table is opened exclusively.

The table is not marked with a code page.
OFF

Does not display the Code Page dialog box when a table is opened.

Remarks

The Code Page dialog box allows you to specify a code page for tables
created in earlier FoxPro versions and other products that create Visual
FoxPro tables. The table is marked with the code page you choose.

When creating an application, issue SET CPDIALOG ON to ensure that the
tables included in your application are marked with the proper code page. In
your completed application, be sure that SET CPDIALOG is OFF.

You can also interactively specify whether the Code Page dialog box is
displayed with the Prompt for Code Page check box in the Data tab of the
Options dialog box. The Options dialog box is displayed by choosing Options
from the Tools menu.

For additional information on code pages and Visual FoxPro's international
support, see Code Pages Supported by Visual FoxPro in Chapter 18, Developing
International Applications, in the Programmer's Guide.

Quote:
> I would like to store data in foxpro 2 table using
> vfp6, so that the table afterwards can be read by foxpro 2
> app (no indexes on the table). Can anyone tell me how to
> do it? - Is is possible at all?

> Thanx in advance
> Marek

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:26:55 GMT
 vfp6 storing records in foxpro 2 table
If the file is created with version 2.x to begin with, VFP
will open it and retain the old format.  The comments
about code pages do apply.  To save a VFP6 table in fox2x
format use the table and save as (oldformat) type fox2x.
hope this helps.
Quote:

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:21:57 GMT
 vfp6 storing records in foxpro 2 table
Thank you guys!
Greetings
Marek

Quote:

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:38:48 GMT

1. Need web form to store data in FoxPro table

2. Record is out of range at Stored Procedures

3. Storing date() to a record

4. Help writng a VFP6 table to a Word table

5. VFP6: Updating DBC Stored Procedures.

6. adding all of the records in table a into table b

7. unrelated table moves other table record pointer when set as cointrolsource

8. Passing Table Name to a stored procedure

9. store image in the table

10. Storing Objects in VFP tables

11. Problem, Table Paths Stored in CursorSource property

12. View won't store data to table