Printing in XP or WIN2K 
Author Message
 Printing in XP or WIN2K

Hi Mike:

<When sending reports to network printers in XP or WIN2K
<(HP Lasetjet 2000 series) the printer requires a manual
<feed to print the output.  The same report in the same
<application prints OK (does not force the manual feed) to
<the same network printer under WIN98.  Any assistance
<would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!


to the printer?  Have you tried adding a SET PRINTER TO command after
printing to release the print job?  (You may need to issue this command
twice in a row.)

See Q102203 BUG: Print Job Is Not Released to Printer
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;EN-US;Q102203

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell



Wed, 04 May 2005 04:18:34 GMT  
 Printing in XP or WIN2K
Hello,

I'm using reports to print from a compiled executable.  
This is why I'm somewhat baffled, because the same reports
will print to the same network printer, but the particular
client (XP or 2000) seeme to be having trouble.  WIN98
clients operate perfectly.  We've also tried several
different drivers, and I tried the 'set printer to' option
below but the problem persists.  Any other thoughts?  This
one is really getting on my users nerves.  Thanks!

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Mike:

><When sending reports to network printers in XP or WIN2K
><(HP Lasetjet 2000 series) the printer requires a manual
><feed to print the output.  The same report in the same
><application prints OK (does not force the manual feed)
to
><the same network printer under WIN98.  Any assistance
><would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!



marks to send output
Quote:
>to the printer?  Have you tried adding a SET PRINTER TO
command after
>printing to release the print job?  (You may need to
issue this command
>twice in a row.)

>See Q102203 BUG: Print Job Is Not Released to Printer
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q102203

>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

>I hope this helps.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell

>.



Sun, 15 May 2005 02:56:45 GMT  
 Printing in XP or WIN2K
Hi Mike:

When you say it requires a "manual feed" what exactly do you mean?  Are you
using the most recent version of the printer drivers on the XP or 2000
machine?  If you issue an EJECT after the REPORT command, do you see the
problem?  Do any other applications (Word, Excel) exhibit this behavior?

You say this occurs in the EXE?  What version of VFP did you compile the
application under?  What version of the run-time DLLs are you using?  Are
they matched?  (If you compiled the EXE in VFP 6.0 SP5, then it should have
the VFP 6.0 sP5 run time files.)

What network  (Windows 2000, NT, Novell) are you using?

I hope this help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell
<Hello,

<I'm using reports to print from a compiled executable.  
<This is why I'm somewhat baffled, because the same reports
<will print to the same network printer, but the particular
<client (XP or 2000) seeme to be having trouble.  WIN98
<clients operate perfectly.  We've also tried several
<different drivers, and I tried the 'set printer to' option
<below but the problem persists.  Any other thoughts?  This
<one is really getting on my users nerves.  Thanks!

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Mike:

><When sending reports to network printers in XP or WIN2K
><(HP Lasetjet 2000 series) the printer requires a manual
><feed to print the output.  The same report in the same
><application prints OK (does not force the manual feed)
to
><the same network printer under WIN98.  Any assistance
><would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!



marks to send output
Quote:
>to the printer?  Have you tried adding a SET PRINTER TO
command after
>printing to release the print job?  (You may need to
issue this command
>twice in a row.)

>See Q102203 BUG: Print Job Is Not Released to Printer
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;Q102203

>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

>I hope this helps.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell



Mon, 30 May 2005 06:54:07 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. gpf when printing forms to laser (SBT, Win2k, XP)

2. Reports not printing correctly under Win2k.

3. FPD2.6 printing under Win2K

4. XP and VFP/sp3 and Office XP

5. XP DOS Printing

6. Print in Win XP embedded

7. printing DOS applic. in XP

8. Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0

9. Win XP Custom Paper Size print floating

10. Printing in Windows XP Embedded

11. Print preview problems running XP

12. XP & FPD Printing issues

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software