How to close View base tables ?
Author Message
 How to close View base tables ?

Hello !
I have form based on view. After closing the form, the view is closed
but base tables remain open, how to close them ?
Kuido

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to close View base tables ?
USE IN alias

HTH

Kuido =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=FClm?= a crit :

Quote:

--
Fred - Armoni (France) - FE AVP&Cie

The European Foxes - Departement Fran?ais, La Rochelle

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to close View base tables ?

Quote:

> Hello !
> I have form based on view. After closing the form, the view is closed
> but base tables remain open, how to close them ?

To find out what tables a view depends on, you can use

CURSORGETPROP("Tables")

This will give you a comma delimited list of tables, including the
database name and a "!" in front (as far as I tested).

You could write a nice function that closes a view and all tables it
uses by using this function.

I personally don't worry about the lingering tables.  If you use
Private Data sessions on your forms, all tables get closed when the
form closes anyway.  Also, in VFP 6 SP3, you can declare your own
session objects if you need to have a completely clean data area that
cleans up after itself...

Good luck!  Hope this helps!

JoeK

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote View becomes invalid if Base table structure changes

2. Deleted records in base table appearing in view

3. View results based on current buffered table data?

4. Problem with views after changing structure in one of the base tables

5. Remote Views - Base Table fields have been changed....

6. Views and Tables not closing.

7. Refresh View based on another View

8. Closing project manager closes open tables -why?

9. Data base container doesn't always close

10. SQL View based upon parameter

11. View based on variable

12. Data base Indexes / Modify view?