display self-defined field's value in textbox
Author Message
 display self-defined field's value in textbox

Hello

I am new to Visual FoxPro and I am using visual foxpro 5.0 and 6.0.

I would like to start my project file from DOS prompt  It returned gabage to
me if I use command like ..\vfp.exe [project path].

I would like to use a table with fields like nupret01, nupret02 ...  In my
form, I have a textbox which user can enter value like 01, 02, ...  I would
like to have another textbox to display nupret02 if user enter 02 in the
previous textbox.  I know this should be done programatically but how?
Please help!

Many thanks

---

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:37:20 GMT
 display self-defined field's value in textbox
I'm not clear, do you want the Project to open, or do you want to run an .EXE?

Rick

Quote:
> Hello

> I am new to Visual FoxPro and I am using visual foxpro 5.0 and 6.0.

> I would like to start my project file from DOS prompt  It returned gabage to
> me if I use command like ..\vfp.exe [project path].

> I would like to use a table with fields like nupret01, nupret02 ...  In my
> form, I have a textbox which user can enter value like 01, 02, ...  I would
> like to have another textbox to display nupret02 if user enter 02 in the
> previous textbox.  I know this should be done programatically but how?
> Please help!

> Many thanks

> ---

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:26:52 GMT
 display self-defined field's value in textbox
Hi Phang:

Quote:
>I am new to Visual FoxPro and I am using visual foxpro 5.0 and 6.0.

Welcome to the Visual FoxPro!

Quote:
>I would like to start my project file from DOS prompt  It returned gabage
>me if I use command like ..\vfp.exe [project path].

I simply opened a command prompt, changed the folder to the folder
containing my .APP file and typed:

Mytest.app

The APP file invoked Visual FoxPro and ran fine.

Quote:
>I would like to use a table with fields like nupret01, nupret02 ...  In my
>form, I have a textbox which user can enter value like 01, 02, ...  I would
>like to have another textbox to display nupret02 if user enter 02 in the
>previous textbox.  I know this should be done programatically but how?
>Please help!
>Many thanks

I am not sure I understand this question, but I will try to answer.

In the Valid of the first text box, check the value user enters and then
set the ControlSource of the second text box the field you want to display.
For example,

In Valid event of first test box:

DO CASE
 CASE this.value=01
  Thisform.text2.controlsource= nupret01
 CASE this.value=02
  Thisform.text2.controlsource= nupret02
  CASE this.value=03
   Thisform.text2.controlsource= nupret03
ENDCASE
Thisform.refresh

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:38:36 GMT
 display self-defined field's value in textbox
I like to open pjx or pjt directly from windows shorcut.

Please help me to solve my second question as it is much urgent

Thank you very much

Quote:
> I'm not clear, do you want the Project to open, or do you want to run an
.EXE?

> Rick

Quote:
> > Hello

> > I am new to Visual FoxPro and I am using visual foxpro 5.0 and 6.0.

> > I would like to start my project file from DOS prompt  It returned
gabage to
> > me if I use command like ..\vfp.exe [project path].

> > I would like to use a table with fields like nupret01, nupret02 ...  In
my
> > form, I have a textbox which user can enter value like 01, 02, ...  I
would
> > like to have another textbox to display nupret02 if user enter 02 in the
> > previous textbox.  I know this should be done programatically but how?
> > Please help!

> > Many thanks

> > ---

---

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:12:20 GMT
 display self-defined field's value in textbox
Hello, Phang!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:12:20 +0800:

 PWT> I like to open pjx or pjt directly from windows shorcut.

This works fine for me if I create the shortcut in Windows by right clicking
the pjx file in Explorer and select "Create shortcut". If that doesn't work
for you, then the VFP File Types maybe wrong in your Windows registry. To
repair this, run vfp with the /regserver switch:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Vfp98\VFP6.EXE" /regserver
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:43:35 GMT

1. Self building field value.

2. Self building of a field value...

3. Formatting the display of logical values in a grid textbox

4. textbox controlsource off and on in code - some tb don't display

5. Hide field based on another field's value

6. 'class not found' displaying general field

7. Length of TEXTBOX.VALUE fields

8. Null value in a textbox bound to a double table field

9. Multiple Fields to Display in One TextBox

10. Optiongroup doesn't display values in VFP 5.0

11. Displaying SQL datetime value's date portion in grid

12. Self defined expression in view