VFP 6 Listbox column problem
Author Message
 VFP 6 Listbox column problem

Hi,

I'm using VFP 6.0 under windows 98. I'm using the form
designer to create a listbox in a pageframe. I set the columncount to 3,
then try to create 3 different column widths with the columnwidth
setting--20,10 10. When I leave the columnwidth setting, all the columns
become the same width as the first column--20,20,20. The width of the
listbox is greater than the total of the 3, so there is plenty of space.
The rowsource type is 6 (fields), and the rowsource values are
left(alias.field1,20),field2,field3. Any ideas on why I
can't set individual column widths for each column? I also tried setting
rowsource type to 1 with the same results. Thanks.

----Jake

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:53:56 GMT
 VFP 6 Listbox column problem
Hi,

Thanks to everyone who gave this some thought. The problem was setting
the tabform units to foxels instead of pixels. When I switched the units
to pixels, I was able to size the listbox columns individually. Take
care.

----Jake

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:31:33 GMT
 VFP 6 Listbox column problem
Hi, jake!
You wrote  on Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:53:56 -0400:

 j> I'm using VFP 6.0 under windows 98. I'm using the form designer to
 j> create a listbox in a pageframe. I set the columncount to 3, then try
 j> to create 3 different column widths with the columnwidth
 j> setting--20,10 10. When I leave the columnwidth setting, all the
 j> columns become the same width as the first column--20,20,20. The
 j> width of the listbox is greater than the total of the 3, so there is
 j> plenty of space.
 j> The rowsource type is 6 (fields), and the rowsource values are
 j> left(alias.field1,20),field2,field3. Any ideas on why I can't set
 j> individual column widths for each column? I also tried setting
 j> rowsource type to 1 with the same results. Thanks.

How do you setup ColumnWidth property? If you do it through code, correct
syntax will be ObjectRef.ColumnWidth = "20,10,10" - don't forget quotation
marks. If you do it through property page, maybe you just put points instead
of commas? But VFP7 SP1 prevent me from doing such mistakes by giving syntax
error (it only allow me to put points instead of commas in code and thus
ignore all exept first number).

WBR, Igor

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:50:35 GMT
 VFP 6 Listbox column problem
You can still use foxels as the column sizes, but they are a rather
different unit of measure than pixels.  Foxels are more or less an average
character size so 50 foxels is very different than 50 pixels.

--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

:: Hi,
::
:: Thanks to everyone who gave this some thought. The problem was
:: setting the tabform units to foxels instead of pixels. When I
:: switched the units to pixels, I was able to size the listbox columns
:: individually. Take care.
::
::
:: ----Jake

---

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:20:17 GMT

1. Help:VFP 6 Listbox column width

2. Multi-column listboxes are picky?

3. Aligning columns in listbox

4. Listbox: extending column lines to fill the box

5. VFP6: Alignment of Columns within Listbox

6. multi-column listboxes are picky?

7. ListBox with Multiple columns

8. to aligne columns in listbox

9. Right justify column in ListBox

10. LISTBOX - How do I get multiple columns of the same field with a horizontal scrollbar

11. Format of a double column in a listbox

12. column two of listbox