Help on appending new records in SQL Tables
Author Message
 Help on appending new records in SQL Tables

Hi,

I want to append new records in MS SQL 2000 Table, using
the Visual Foxpro.  I have tried the following;

ln_update = SQLEXEC(lc_connect, 'INSERT INTO csfsc
(fscyear, audtuser) VALUES ("2004","NAEM")')

but the table is never updated. even I issued the
SQLCOMMIT(lc_connect) also.

I am in big trouble, please reply in urgency!

Best regards and thanks in advance for your time.
Naeem
Dubai

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:55:18 GMT
 Help on appending new records in SQL Tables
Hi Muhammad

Use

ln_update = SQLEXEC(lc_connect, "INSERT INTO csfsc
(fscyear, audtuser) VALUES ('2004','NAEM')")

if fscyear is CHAR(4)

OR

ln_update = SQLEXEC(lc_connect, "INSERT INTO csfsc
(fscyear, audtuser) VALUES (2004,'NAEM')")

if fscyear is numeric.

Test ln_update=1 for good end command.

SQL not use " string separator.

Fabio

Quote:

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:03:34 GMT

1. auto append new record to child tables from the parent

2. Appending a new record through Menu help

3. HELP: how to append records to a child table in a grid using down arrow

4. Automatically enter a new workorder number in a Fox Pro table new record

5. append New record on view

6. Data Environment and Append New record

7. appending records to MS SQL

8. appending records to MS SQL View

9. [Fwd: appending records to MS SQL View]

10. trouble Appending records to attached DBF table (ACC 97)

11. Appending records from one table to another?

12. Appending records from a different table