Printing from VFP APP
Author Message
 Printing from VFP APP

We are running VFP 7.  Our programmers have created a
program to run our accounting.  They uses multiple
reports to create one large report.  Each report is only
1 - 6 pages on average.  The problem is when the last
report starts, it will spool any where from 90 seconds to
5 minutes.  I have swapped out the print server to verify
that it was not a hardware issue.  The problem persists
and is causing a lot of congestion at the printer.  Is
there anything that I can tell our programmers that might
assist them in locating a solution to this issue.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:34:36 GMT
 Printing from VFP APP
Hi Shawn:

Have you tried adding a SET PRINTER TO command after you using the REPORT
FORM command?  (You may need to issue the SET PRINTER TO command twice to
achieve optimal performance.)  See this article for more information:

102203 BUG: Print Job Is Not Released to Printer
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=102203

If this does not helps, tell us what kind of network you are using. Can you
provide the exact code you use to print the reports?  I assume you are

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>We are running VFP 7.  Our programmers have created a
>program to run our accounting.  They uses multiple
>reports to create one large report.  Each report is only
>1 - 6 pages on average.  The problem is when the last
>report starts, it will spool any where from 90 seconds to
>5 minutes.  I have swapped out the print server to verify
>that it was not a hardware issue.  The problem persists
>and is causing a lot of congestion at the printer.  Is
>there anything that I can tell our programmers that might
>assist them in locating a solution to this issue.
>Thank you for your time and attention.

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:35:01 GMT

1. One VFP-app on top of another VFP-app - VFP7-SP1

2. VFP APP calling another VFP APP

3. Print pauses in VFP 3 app

4. printing from my app keeps offsetting every time I print

5. Running VFP app as a hosted app in Internet Explorer

6. Automated keyboard/mouse input to another app from VFP app

7. VFP EXE or APP calling another APP

8. cant select printer when printing PDF from VFP7 app

9. By printing a report my app is going active

10. FPW2.6 - printing problem in an APP

11. Printing problem with FPW2.6 app and Win95

12. FPD App Printing Problem under Win95