CHM Help Deployment Q.
Author Message
 CHM Help Deployment Q.

Using VFP 7.0, how do you make your exe's HTML help work on a pc? What files
do you need to have in your app to make the help work?

Is this a common question?

Jonathan M*

http://www.*-*-*.com/ The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:00:41 GMT
 CHM Help Deployment Q.
It's mainly just by using the SET HELP TO <helpfilename>, but to get the
correct topic to come up while on any particular control, you have to set
the control's HelpContextID field to the value of the topic ID.  I use West
Wind's HTML Help Builder and like it (www.west-wind.com).

Quote:

> Using VFP 7.0, how do you make your exe's HTML help work on a pc? What
files
> do you need to have in your app to make the help work?

> Is this a common question?

> Jonathan M*

News==----
Newsgroups
=---

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:45:21 GMT
 CHM Help Deployment Q.
I also use West Wind's HTML Help Builder but I have two PCs running Windows
2000 that the F2 help will not work.  I don't get an error, it just doesnt
work, nothing, nada, zip.

Quote:
> It's mainly just by using the SET HELP TO <helpfilename>, but to get the
> correct topic to come up while on any particular control, you have to set
> the control's HelpContextID field to the value of the topic ID.  I use
West
> Wind's HTML Help Builder and like it (www.west-wind.com).

Quote:
> > Using VFP 7.0, how do you make your exe's HTML help work on a pc? What
> files
> > do you need to have in your app to make the help work?

> > Is this a common question?

> > Jonathan M*

> News==----
> > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
> Newsgroups
> > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption
> =---

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 05:53:32 GMT
 CHM Help Deployment Q.
Jonathan,
See "FIX: No Help File With Distributed App" -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194196
and "INFO: Files Required to View HTML Help" -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;191223

Rick

Quote:

> I also use West Wind's HTML Help Builder but I have two PCs running Windows
> 2000 that the F2 help will not work.  I don't get an error, it just doesnt
> work, nothing, nada, zip.

> > It's mainly just by using the SET HELP TO <helpfilename>, but to get the
> > correct topic to come up while on any particular control, you have to set
> > the control's HelpContextID field to the value of the topic ID.  I use
> West
> > Wind's HTML Help Builder and like it (www.west-wind.com).

> > > Using VFP 7.0, how do you make your exe's HTML help work on a pc? What
> > files
> > > do you need to have in your app to make the help work?

> > > Is this a common question?

> > > Jonathan M*

> > News==----
> > > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
> > Newsgroups
> > > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
> Encryption
> > =---

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 07:30:10 GMT

1. CHM file Q.

2. VFP6: Connection between HELP command and .CHM help files

3. Help with .CHM help files

4. VFP6: Connection between HELP command and .CHM help files

5. VFP & CHM Help

6. HtmlHelp(MainHwnd(), "Help\SalesPro.chm", 1, 1)

7. Problem with .chm help files

8. Problems with chm help file

9. Custom Help chm Problems Launching

10. help file .chm creation