Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD
Author Message
 Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD

Hi
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience re this error
occuring erratically. ie Fatal Exception:Exception
Code=C00000FD
THanks George

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:53:22 GMT
 Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD
Hi George,

Go to http://support.microsoft.com and put the error number into the search
box. There are several KB articles related to FoxPro, and some non-Fox
articles as well. See if anything there fits your circumstances when the
error occurred.

> Does anyone have any knowledge or experience re this error
> occuring erratically. ie Fatal Exception:Exception
> Code=C00000FD
> THanks George

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:35:23 GMT
 Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD
George,
Error C00000FD is a "Stack overflow". I've found that this is almost always caused by a corrupted index file. If you get this when trying to open or move through a table with an index on (SCAN, SEEK, Locate, Skip, GO, etc.) you'll need to re-create this table's indexes. Often a simple REINDEX won't fix the problem.

Rick

Quote:

> Hi
> Does anyone have any knowledge or experience re this error
> occuring erratically. ie Fatal Exception:Exception
> Code=C00000FD
> THanks George

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:21:17 GMT
 Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD
Hi George:

Along with the suggestions from Rick and Cindy, you might want to disable
any anti virus software you have on the machine or at least prevent the
anti virus software from scanning the VFP data files.  See:

321550 HOWTO: Optimize Visual FoxPro Applications While Using Norton
AntiVirus
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321550

Do you get the error in an executable or the VFP development version? If
the error occurs in the VFP development version running on Windows NT,
2000, or XP, the Application event log my show more information on what
caused the error.

Also, make sure whatever version of VFP you are using has the most recent
service pack installed.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retires June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sept. 30th, 2003

Quote:
>George,
>Error C00000FD is a "Stack overflow". I've found that this is almost

always caused by a >corrupted index file. If you get this when trying to
open or move through a table with an index on >(SCAN, SEEK, Locate, Skip,
GO, etc.) you'll need to re-create this table's indexes. Often a >simple
REINDEX won't fix the problem.
Quote:
>Rick

> Hi
> Does anyone have any knowledge or experience re this error
> occuring erratically. ie Fatal Exception:Exception
> Code=C00000FD
> THanks George

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:14:58 GMT
 Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD
This happens a lot. In my experience, it's worse with VP6 & 7 than with 5.
VFP7 in particular had problems crashing during report previews.

VFP8 seems much better (not completely stable, but decidedly better). So you
know what you must do.

Quote:
> Hi
> Does anyone have any knowledge or experience re this error
> occuring erratically. ie Fatal Exception:Exception
> Code=C00000FD
> THanks George

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:59:06 GMT
 Fatal Exception: Exception Code=C00000FD

says...

Quote:
> This happens a lot. In my experience, it's worse with VP6 & 7 than with 5.
> VFP7 in particular had problems crashing during report previews.

VFP 7 has a bug that can lead to a C0000005 error if you close the Print
Preview with the close button on the Print Preview toolbar.  We removed
that button and our customers stopped complaining.

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:08:57 GMT

1. fatal error: Exception code=C00000FD

2. Fatal exception code=C00000FD called from ...\windows\system\vfp6r.dll

3. Fatal Error: Exception Code=C00000FD

4. Fatal Error - Exception code = C00000FD

5. Fatal error: Exception code=C00000FD

6. Fatal error: Exception code=C00000FD

7. fatal error exception code

8. Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005

9. Fatal Error: Exception code=C0000005

10. Fatal error : Exception code = C0000005

11. Fatal error exception code = C0000005

12. Fatal Error Exception Code=C0000005