FP2.6a Win Mystery
Author Message
 FP2.6a Win Mystery

I have a customer that has been using a custom program that I developed for
5-6 years.  There are 25-30 dbf's and I open all at startup with set
relations.

They are running 25 Win95 workstations connected to an NT 4.0 server.

Two days ago I got a call that one of the files had disappeared.  I checked
"remotely" and all the records were marked deleted, as though a delete all
had been issued.  I did a recall all and everything was ok.  Yesterday, it
happened again!

I've been programming for 20 years and have never seen anything like this.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dale Stansberry
CompuTut
Sedalia, Mo.

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FP2.6a Win Mystery

Quote:

> I have a customer that has been using a custom program that I developed for
> 5-6 years.  There are 25-30 dbf's and I open all at startup with set
> relations.

> They are running 25 Win95 workstations connected to an NT 4.0 server.

> Two days ago I got a call that one of the files had disappeared.  I checked
> "remotely" and all the records were marked deleted, as though a delete all
> had been issued.  I did a recall all and everything was ok.  Yesterday, it
> happened again!

> I've been programming for 20 years and have never seen anything like this.

> Does anybody have any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Dale Stansberry
> CompuTut
> Sedalia, Mo.

Dale,

Sounds fishy to me too. Has there been a recent addition to the data
entry staff lately (PEBKAC perhaps). If nothing else (besides a PITA),
write a tracking log for the file that checks the RECCOUNT and COUNT FOR
DELETED() during the day and logs it.
Keep us posted!

My .02
Marc

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FP2.6a Win Mystery

I had a problem once, a data file got corrupted, but some of the records
had a non-visible character in it, this was causing that records were
marked as deleted. I solved the problem by checking for corruption on
the data file, replacing corrupted columns with blanks, etc. I mean,
once you locate a corrupted record  just deleting the ascii characters
sometimes is not enough.

Luis De Leon.

Quote:

> I have a customer that has been using a custom program that I
> developed for
> 5-6 years.  There are 25-30 dbf's and I open all at startup with set
> relations.

> They are running 25 Win95 workstations connected to an NT 4.0 server.

> Two days ago I got a call that one of the files had disappeared.  I
> checked
> "remotely" and all the records were marked deleted, as though a delete
> all
> had been issued.  I did a recall all and everything was ok.
> Yesterday, it
> happened again!

> I've been programming for 20 years and have never seen anything like
> this.

> Does anybody have any ideas?

> Thanks,

> Dale Stansberry
> CompuTut
> Sedalia, Mo.

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help-Minimizing windows:FP2.6a in Win 95

2. FP2.6 mystery

3. *FP2.6a FPW2.6a Graphs

4. update from fox2.6a (dos And Or Win) to fox2.6A

5. FP2.6a printing problem in NT

6. FP2.6a/PPCMac Memory Problem

7. DOS FP2.6a, and W4WG Network Issues

8. FP2.6a Dos/RAS/Files not found problem

9. how can I get fp2.6a updates

10. Screen size and position problem in .exe fp2.6a

11. Y2K Fix for FP2.6a

12. FP2.6a Macintosh