Show line/column position when editing PRGs
Author Message
 Show line/column position when editing PRGs

I don't know why anyone would want to turn this off, but I continually
find that I have to turn it on. This even though I always have the Save
preferences checkbox checked in the Edit Properties dialog box. Is there
anything I can do to make this truly the default behavior? I KNOW I must
be missing something here. THANKS for help on this...

BTW, I continually have problems with this in FPW and VFP. I can always
(well, almost always) turn it on, but it's an annoyance to repeatedly
have to do so.

Dan

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 07:00:38 GMT
 Show line/column position when editing PRGs

Quote:
> I don't know why anyone would want to turn this off, but I continually
> find that I have to turn it on. This even though I always have the Save
> preferences checkbox checked in the Edit Properties dialog box. Is there
> anything I can do to make this truly the default behavior? I KNOW I must
> be missing something here. THANKS for help on this...

> BTW, I continually have problems with this in FPW and VFP. I can always
> (well, almost always) turn it on, but it's an annoyance to repeatedly
> have to do so.

> Dan

Check yours foxuser.dbf attributes,
also check config.fpw file for
resource=on

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:55:36 GMT
 Show line/column position when editing PRGs
This may be related to the show position feature found under the view menu.
It will turn itself off from time to time against your will and without your
intervention. This is a BUG that has existed since FoxPro for Windows. VFP3,
5 and 6 all do it and I think VFP7 does it also. I suspect it's too low on
Microsoft's to do list to bother fixing it.

Quote:
> I don't know why anyone would want to turn this off, but I continually
> find that I have to turn it on. This even though I always have the Save
> preferences checkbox checked in the Edit Properties dialog box. Is there
> anything I can do to make this truly the default behavior? I KNOW I must
> be missing something here. THANKS for help on this...

> BTW, I continually have problems with this in FPW and VFP. I can always
> (well, almost always) turn it on, but it's an annoyance to repeatedly
> have to do so.

> Dan

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:18:41 GMT
 Show line/column position when editing PRGs

Quote:

> >> I don't know why anyone would want to turn this off, but I continually
> >> find that I have to turn it on. This even though I always have the Save
> >> preferences checkbox checked in the Edit Properties dialog box. Is
there
> >> anything I can do to make this truly the default behavior? I KNOW I
must
> >> be missing something here. THANKS for help on this...

> >> BTW, I continually have problems with this in FPW and VFP. I can always
> >> (well, almost always) turn it on, but it's an annoyance to repeatedly
> >> have to do so.

> >> Dan

> >Check yours foxuser.dbf attributes,
> >also check config.fpw file for
> >resource=on

> It doesn't help. I also have this problem, and I've had it since version
3.

> I'm convinced it's a bug that MS just doesn't feel like fixing.

> Alan

> My real address is alan at attcanada dot ca
> (with a 'p' on 'alan' making it 'alanp',
> and no spaces). I'm sick of email spam.

I also vote for a bug. FoxPro 2.6 for Windows does this as well.....No, no,
it's not a bug! It's a feature by design!

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:21:50 GMT
 Show line/column position when editing PRGs

Quote:

>> I don't know why anyone would want to turn this off, but I continually
>> find that I have to turn it on. This even though I always have the Save
>> preferences checkbox checked in the Edit Properties dialog box. Is there
>> anything I can do to make this truly the default behavior? I KNOW I must
>> be missing something here. THANKS for help on this...

>> BTW, I continually have problems with this in FPW and VFP. I can always
>> (well, almost always) turn it on, but it's an annoyance to repeatedly
>> have to do so.

>> Dan

>Check yours foxuser.dbf attributes,
>also check config.fpw file for
>resource=on

It doesn't help. I also have this problem, and I've had it since version 3.

I'm convinced it's a bug that MS just doesn't feel like fixing.

Alan

My real address is alan at attcanada dot ca
(with a 'p' on 'alan' making it 'alanp',
and no spaces). I'm sick of email spam.

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:43:26 GMT
 Show line/column position when editing PRGs
On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:21:50 -0700, "Matthew Reed"

:

:>
:> >> I don't know why anyone would want to turn this off, but I continually
:> >> find that I have to turn it on. This even though I always have the Save
:> >> preferences checkbox checked in the Edit Properties dialog box. Is
:there
:> >> anything I can do to make this truly the default behavior? I KNOW I
:must
:> >> be missing something here. THANKS for help on this...
:> >>
:> >> BTW, I continually have problems with this in FPW and VFP. I can always
:> >> (well, almost always) turn it on, but it's an annoyance to repeatedly
:> >> have to do so.
:> >>
:> >> Dan
:> >
:> >Check yours foxuser.dbf attributes,
:> >also check config.fpw file for
:> >resource=on
:>
:> It doesn't help. I also have this problem, and I've had it since version
:3.
:>
:> I'm convinced it's a bug that MS just doesn't feel like fixing.
:>
:> Alan
:>
:> My real address is alan at attcanada dot ca
:> (with a 'p' on 'alan' making it 'alanp',
:> and no spaces). I'm sick of email spam.
:
:I also vote for a bug. FoxPro 2.6 for Windows does this as well.....No, no,
:it's not a bug! It's a feature by design!
:

I agree with you guys. I think it's probably a bug. I've been plagued by
it for years. Maybe there's a solution but I've not found it.

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:52:43 GMT

1. Grid lines and show position

2. Combobox w/multiple columns shows wrong column

3. Cursor position in an EDIT field

4. _Memo Edit Position?

5. Show Position Bug

6. Edit box multi line problem, Heeeelp

7. line position in a program

8. Edit box has extra top line

9. Showing line and col in editor

10. Error 30: Row or Column position off the screen

11. Editing columns

12. Grid's leftmost columns (s) frozen from edit