Anybody interfacing with UPS shipping software?
Author Message
 Anybody interfacing with UPS shipping software?

I need to calculate UPS shipping costs on the fly as my users select items.
UPS supplies all the data, but I do not want to write this code, it is
pretty involved.  I know about UPS Quick Cost Calculator but ALT+TABing
between apps and dual data entry are not appealing to my client.  Anyone
know of a 3rd party that supplies this?  If I spend the time to develop this
should it be a .DLL .EXE or maybe an OCX?  Would anybody be interested in
it?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody interfacing with UPS shipping software?
Check www.ups.com for 3 party products. I am going to work on inventory
system. I would appreciate your feedback on 'shipping experience' <g>.

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody interfacing with UPS shipping software?
We have used two different "manifest" applications which do what you are
asking.  Both use DBF's to store data, one is a C++ app (Clippership) and
the other is VFP (Aristo).  They both have hooks for you to incorporate
custom code.  Email me if you want more specific information.

Rick

Quote:
>I need to calculate UPS shipping costs on the fly as my users select items.
>UPS supplies all the data, but I do not want to write this code, it is
>pretty involved.  I know about UPS Quick Cost Calculator but ALT+TABing
>between apps and dual data entry are not appealing to my client.  Anyone
>know of a 3rd party that supplies this?  If I spend the time to develop
this
>should it be a .DLL .EXE or maybe an OCX?  Would anybody be interested in
>it?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Anybody interfacing with UPS shipping software?

Quote:
>I need to calculate UPS shipping costs on the fly as my users select items.
>UPS supplies all the data, but I do not want to write this code, it is
>pretty involved.  I know about UPS Quick Cost Calculator but ALT+TABing

I have an app. that calculates UPS ship cost. I disagree with you that its a
lot of complicated code. UPS has all the data on their site.

First,set up a table to find the ship zone. Just SEEK() the zip code and get
the ship zone. This table never needs to be updated;but, is unique for each
shipping site. The second table has a record for each weight and a field
(cost)  for each ship zone. Just SEEK() for the weight and get the cost from
the right zone's record. The ups data is in excel format, once per year -
convert to Fox database.

Now,we tried automatically generating UPS ship manifest and found they would
not certify it. We still fill the manifest out manually :(

--
<(???)> An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
    Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ups shipping program

2. Shipping Software????

3. anybody got any help desk software?

4. Any experience interfacing to Pixtools (graphics software)?

5. Pop Ups with Icons

6. VFP & UPS/FedEx

7. COM for APC UPS

8. Printing UPS barcodes/maxicodes/bullet codes

9. UPS Online Tracking - XML

10. lock-ups in W98, on NT4 network?

11. Software developer needed for commerical software development

12. ISO 9001 Software Procedures for Small/Medium sized Software Companies