Scroll bars in forms
Author Message
 Scroll bars in forms

Hi,

once again the everlasting story? I think I read a lot questions about how to
add scroll bars to forms in Fox. But had there been an answer?

Well. I want to know how to do it. Is there any workaround or a class library
out there? MS Knowledgebase is dealing with the problem in Q136339. But I'm
afraid it's not what I'm looking for. I also found nothing about it in DejaNews.

All I want to do is to add scroll bars to a form like it's done in the Fox
command window. Really impossible??

Thanks for any help,
Thilo.

--

Fax   : +49 (0)371 531 53 57    |  Irc   : Muchelpet (EFNet)

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll bars in forms

I've done something (once) that did something like what you are saying.
But keep in mind there is no built-in way to do it.

Just put all the controls for your form in a Container object and make that
Container object as large as you need to.  Put some command buttons off to
the right of the container which will adjust the .Top property of the
Container object.

They won't look like your normal scroll bars.  If that's what you're after,
maybe you could experiment a little with putting another control under your
container that has scroll bars and look at the events of that control and
see how you can adjust the .Top property of your container.  Use your
imagination.  I'm not guaranteeing any of this will work, I took the first
track I mentioned when I did this and I did it in 3.0 so who knows what
might have changed since then.

Quote:
> All I want to do is to add scroll bars to a form like it's done in the
Fox
> command window. Really impossible??

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll bars in forms

The January, 1998 edition of Foxpro Advisor, I believe, contains an article
about how to do this.  Hope this helps!

Hanz.

Quote:

>Hi,

>once again the everlasting story? I think I read a lot questions about how
>add scroll bars to forms in Fox. But had there been an answer?

>Well. I want to know how to do it. Is there any workaround or a class
library
>out there? MS Knowledgebase is dealing with the problem in Q136339. But I'm
>afraid it's not what I'm looking for. I also found nothing about it in
DejaNews.

>All I want to do is to add scroll bars to a form like it's done in the Fox
>command window. Really impossible??

>Thanks for any help,
>Thilo.

>--

>Fax   : +49 (0)371 531 53 57    |  Irc   : Muchelpet (EFNet)

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Scroll Bars on form

2. scroll bars on form

3. scroll bars on form

4. I want Scroll bars in Form! Any idea???

5. SCROLL BARS IN A FORM?

6. Form Window Scroll Bars

7. No Scroll Bars on my vfp5.0 Forms

8. : Scroll Bars on a Form

9. Scroll Bars on a Form

10. Adding a Scroll bar to a form (not Grid)

11. Re form scroll bar

12. Form Scroll Bars