Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5
Author Message
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5

I am running FoxPro 2.5 for DOS. I print invoices and statements. I
tested my system to see what would happen when I rolled the date
foward to January 1, 2000, and of course, all of the invoices became
due in the year 1900. I was told to change a line to SET CENTURY ON
I did this and nothing happened. Does anyone have a solution?
Thanx - Gary

Mon, 07 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5
Well, in the Foxpro 2.x series, the century will always default to "19".  SET

to 01/01/1900", but at least you can type in a "01/01/2000".

To get true rollover for FPD 2.5, you need to purchase y2kfox (www.y2kfox.com).
 That, or upgrade your software to Visual Foxpro...Dennis

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5

Quote:

>Well, in the Foxpro 2.x series, the century will always default to "19".

hmm. My experience is that it defaults to the first two digits of the system
date...at the the time of input, of course. The "date" type is otherwise
totally unambiguous, regardless of "set century".

Tue, 08 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5
Doublecheck your experience against an experiment and I'm sure you'll  see
that FP2 never expands a two-digit year nn  to anything but 19nn regardless
of the system date.
-Anders

| >Well, in the Foxpro 2.x series, the century will always default to "19".
|
| hmm. My experience is that it defaults to the first two digits of the
system
| date...at the the time of input, of course. The "date" type is otherwise
| totally unambiguous, regardless of "set century".

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5
Yep, yer right. Hadn't actually had occaision to use other than date(),
which is actually 4 digits, so hadn't seen that.
Thanks.
Quote:

>Doublecheck your experience against an experiment and I'm sure you'll  see
>that FP2 never expands a two-digit year nn  to anything but 19nn regardless
>of the system date.
>-Anders

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5
Yep, yer right. Hadn't actually had occaision to use other than date(),
which is actually 4 digits, so hadn't seen that.
Thanks.
Quote:

>Doublecheck your experience against an experiment and I'm sure you'll  see
>that FP2 never expands a two-digit year nn  to anything but 19nn regardless
>of the system date.
>-Anders

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5
Gary:

May I suggest that you take a look at http://www.y2kfox.com. It is the
instant fix for legacy fox applications.  You can get a one page info
sheet by pulling up http://www.y2kfox.com/y2kinfo.pdf.

Neil Weicher
Communication Horizons

_______________________________

Quote:

>I am running FoxPro 2.5 for DOS. I print invoices and statements. I
>tested my system to see what would happen when I rolled the date
>foward to January 1, 2000, and of course, all of the invoices became
>due in the year 1900. I was told to change a line to SET CENTURY ON
>I did this and nothing happened. Does anyone have a solution?
>Thanx - Gary

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Y2K issue in FoxPro 2.5

2. Help! Y2k compliant For FoxPro 2.5

3. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS Y2K Problems

4. Y2K AND FoxPro 2.5

5. Foxpro 2/2.5/2.6 (Dos) - Y2K compatible?

6. FoxPro 2.5 Y2K compliance

7. FoxPro 2.5 Y2K compliant?

8. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS - Y2K and new PC questions

9. Y2K Patch for Foxpro 2.5 DOS?

10. Help: Display issue Foxpro 2.5

11. Repairing FoxPro Y2K issues.

12. FoxPro 2.6 Y2K issues