Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
Author Message
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.

Hi,

I have created a setup for VFP7.0 that installs and run's ( using
installshield express for VFP 7.0).

Part of the app uses Word VBA (office 97)

When VBA encounters the following line :-

set foxapp = createobject( "visualfoxpro.application" )

It produces :-

" run-time error '429'

Active-X component cannot create object "

If I install the whole of Foxpro 7.0 as a test, it run's fine.

Does anyone know how to stop this or what I need to add to the installer to
stop this?

Regards

Mike

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:40:52 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
You're not properly installing the VFP runtime on client machines.

createobject('word.application') will create the same error if Word is not
installed.

I think the help file has a list of required files that must be installed
for the VFP runtime. (Sorry, don't have the right help file with me here.)

Dan

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have created a setup for VFP7.0 that installs and run's ( using
> installshield express for VFP 7.0).

> Part of the app uses Word VBA (office 97)

> When VBA encounters the following line :-

> set foxapp = createobject( "visualfoxpro.application" )

> It produces :-

> " run-time error '429'

> Active-X component cannot create object "

> If I install the whole of Foxpro 7.0 as a test, it run's fine.

> Does anyone know how to stop this or what I need to add to the installer
> stop this?

> Regards

> Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:45:12 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
Mike,
Did you include the required Microsoft Visual C++ 7.0 Runtime Library? For
more information, make sure you read "vfpdeploy.doc" in the \Technical
Articles\ directory on your VFP 7.0 Install CD.

Rick

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have created a setup for VFP7.0 that installs and run's ( using
> installshield express for VFP 7.0).

> Part of the app uses Word VBA (office 97)

> When VBA encounters the following line :-

> set foxapp = createobject( "visualfoxpro.application" )

> It produces :-

> " run-time error '429'

> Active-X component cannot create object "

> If I install the whole of Foxpro 7.0 as a test, it run's fine.

> Does anyone know how to stop this or what I need to add to the installer
> stop this?

> Regards

> Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:07:01 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
Does the program start up if you click on it?  If you create an automation server, don't you create an object pointing to the
automation server rather than VFP itself?  When you install the automation server it registers itself so that you can instantiate
it.  Since you have only installed your automation server rather than VFP, you need to do a createobject on your program, not VFP.

--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer/Analyst

Quote:

> Mike,
> Did you include the required Microsoft Visual C++ 7.0 Runtime Library? For
> more information, make sure you read "vfpdeploy.doc" in the \Technical
> Articles\ directory on your VFP 7.0 Install CD.

> Rick

> > Hi,

> > I have created a setup for VFP7.0 that installs and run's ( using
> > installshield express for VFP 7.0).

> > Part of the app uses Word VBA (office 97)

> > When VBA encounters the following line :-

> > set foxapp = createobject( "visualfoxpro.application" )

> > It produces :-

> > " run-time error '429'

> > Active-X component cannot create object "

> > If I install the whole of Foxpro 7.0 as a test, it run's fine.

> > Does anyone know how to stop this or what I need to add to the installer
> > stop this?

> > Regards

> > Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:07:17 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
No, not the VC++ runtime, I have the VC 7.0 runtime.

I'll check the document. Thanks.

Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:10:00 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:10:42 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
Yes, The app does start up. I understand now.

It is objecting because foxpro (the application) is not installed.

One question,

How do I find out what my app is called or at least how do I name it?

Regards

Mike

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:49:54 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
IIRC the application name is part of the OLE Public definition.  In other words the line o=CREATE("wwdemoole.wcDemoServer")  would
start up the OLE server created using the following class definition line.

DEFINE CLASS wcDemoServer AS wwOleServer OLEPUBLIC

So if you look at your class definition, that gives you the second part, I can't offhand find what determines the first part.

--
Cy Welch
Senior Programmer/Analyst

Quote:

> Yes, The app does start up. I understand now.

> It is objecting because foxpro (the application) is not installed.

> One question,

> How do I find out what my app is called or at least how do I name it?

> Regards

> Mike

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:18:18 GMT
 Error deploying a VFP 7.0 program.
Right,

I have made my app into an automation server and word now finds in
correctly. Phew!!!

The VBA makes use of the docmd() and eval() functions which only seem to be
available if using the visualfoxpro.application object i.e. fox is
installed.

An extract of the VBA currently looks like this :-

   Dim FoxApp As Object ' Declare variable to hold the reference.
    Set FoxApp = CreateObject("info2000.healingforce")  ' Used to be
"visualfoxpro.application"
    Dim cCriteriaB(4) As String

    cOpenData = "Open Database " + RTrim(cDatabase) + "\Infodata Shared"
    FoxApp.DoCmd (cOpenData)

    'cOpen = cWork + "\" + CompType.FileName
    'Documents.Open cOpen
    ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate = "Heritage.dot"

    cOpenFile = "Use " + cDatabase + "\CompType in 0 Shared"
    FoxApp.DoCmd (cOpenFile)
    cOpenFile = "Use " + cDatabase + "\Details in 0 Shared"
    FoxApp.DoCmd (cOpenFile)
    cOpenFile = "Use " + cDatabase + "\Infodata!AddDet in 0 Shared"
    FoxApp.DoCmd (cOpenFile)

    FoxApp.DoCmd ("Select CompType")
    FoxApp.DoCmd ("Set Order to Tag 'CompCode'")

    FoxApp.DoCmd ("Select Details")
    FoxApp.DoCmd ("Set Order to 'Add_Code'")
    FoxApp.DoCmd ("Select AddDet")
    FoxApp.DoCmd ("Go Top")

I have created procedures in my app object as follows :-

procedure doCmd( cString )
    &cString
endproc

procedure eval( cString )
    evaluate( cString )
endproc

When I run the app, nothing happens at all (it is meant to print a letter)

Am I doing the doCmd() and eval() procedures correctly using macro
expansion?

or will this not work because visual foxpro is not loaded, just my app and
runtime?

Regards

Mike

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:20:52 GMT

1. Convert vfp5.0 program to vfp 7.0

2. Where to download VFP 7.0 Runtime setup program ?

3. vfp 7.0 exe error in NT??

4. Connect ODBC error between SQL2000 and VFP 7.0

5. Errors printing labels VFP 7.0 Windows 2000

6. VFP 7.0 Error on Build

7. Deploying VFP application as MSI for dotnet

8. Deploying VFP COM - Foxisapi

9. How to distribute/deploy VFP 7 application ?

10. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error

11. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error

12. VFP 6.0 & Program Error