Is this a VFP 8 Bug?
Author Message
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?

Hi,

We have updated one of our customers Visual Foxpro 7.0 applications to
Version 8.0 and now after we issue a set step on command then go resume we
are getting this error.

Error 1113
Message 'File is not open'
Code: Read Events
Object: c:\hca\start.fxp

Another programmer has also complained of the same message in a different
application when he puts a set step on command in a button before the
'Thisform.release' command.

What could be the problem?  We never got this in VFP 7..

Thanks
Thi

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:39:29 GMT
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?
I'd start with a "recompile all" and re-verify.

Are you usinga  pre-release/beta or the "real deal"?

This was an issue with an early beta release, I recall; but we're using the
real-vfp8 w/o a problem....

What version of vfp8 are you using?

Quote:

>Hi,

>We have updated one of our customers Visual Foxpro 7.0 applications to
>Version 8.0 and now after we issue a set step on command then go resume we
>are getting this error.

>Error 1113
>Message 'File is not open'
>Code: Read Events
>Object: c:\hca\start.fxp

>Another programmer has also complained of the same message in a different
>application when he puts a set step on command in a button before the
>'Thisform.release' command.

>What could be the problem?  We never got this in VFP 7..

>Thanks
>Thi

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 09:21:01 GMT
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?
This version was downloaded from the MSDN website.  Version is:
08.00.0000.2521

Quote:
> I'd start with a "recompile all" and re-verify.

> Are you usinga  pre-release/beta or the "real deal"?

> This was an issue with an early beta release, I recall; but we're using
the
> real-vfp8 w/o a problem....

> What version of vfp8 are you using?

> >Hi,

> >We have updated one of our customers Visual Foxpro 7.0 applications to
> >Version 8.0 and now after we issue a set step on command then go resume
we
> >are getting this error.

> >Error 1113
> >Message 'File is not open'
> >Code: Read Events
> >Object: c:\hca\start.fxp

> >Another programmer has also complained of the same message in a different
> >application when he puts a set step on command in a button before the
> >'Thisform.release' command.

> >What could be the problem?  We never got this in VFP 7..

> >Thanks
> >Thi

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:52:06 GMT
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?

I'd start with a recompile all...

Quote:

>This version was downloaded from the MSDN website.  Version is:
>08.00.0000.2521

>> I'd start with a "recompile all" and re-verify.

>> Are you usinga  pre-release/beta or the "real deal"?

>> This was an issue with an early beta release, I recall; but we're using
>the
>> real-vfp8 w/o a problem....

>> What version of vfp8 are you using?

>> >Hi,

>> >We have updated one of our customers Visual Foxpro 7.0 applications to
>> >Version 8.0 and now after we issue a set step on command then go resume
>we
>> >are getting this error.

>> >Error 1113
>> >Message 'File is not open'
>> >Code: Read Events
>> >Object: c:\hca\start.fxp

>> >Another programmer has also complained of the same message in a different
>> >application when he puts a set step on command in a button before the
>> >'Thisform.release' command.

>> >What could be the problem?  We never got this in VFP 7..

>> >Thanks
>> >Thi

Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:14:20 GMT
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?
If you can't fix it and still feel it's a bug, please report it at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/Support/vfoxpro/repor...
t.asp&sd=msdn

Quote:
> Hi,

> We have updated one of our customers Visual Foxpro 7.0 applications to
> Version 8.0 and now after we issue a set step on command then go resume we
> are getting this error.

> Error 1113
> Message 'File is not open'
> Code: Read Events
> Object: c:\hca\start.fxp

> Another programmer has also complained of the same message in a different
> application when he puts a set step on command in a button before the
> 'Thisform.release' command.

> What could be the problem?  We never got this in VFP 7..

> Thanks
> Thi

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:28:23 GMT
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?

It looks like that has fixed the problem.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks
Thi

Quote:

> I'd start with a recompile all...

> >This version was downloaded from the MSDN website.  Version is:
> >08.00.0000.2521

> >> I'd start with a "recompile all" and re-verify.

> >> Are you usinga  pre-release/beta or the "real deal"?

> >> This was an issue with an early beta release, I recall; but we're using
> >the
> >> real-vfp8 w/o a problem....

> >> What version of vfp8 are you using?

> >we

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 07:21:37 GMT
 Is this a VFP 8 Bug?
I get this all the time in VFP7.  It usually is a memory
problem.  Once I shut down and restart VFP, it stops
happening.  Sometimes, have to reboot.  Notice that all
changes are gone.  :(

Quote:

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 01:21:26 GMT

1. FoxProW 2.6 memory bug, or am I stoopid?

2. Bug List / Bug Fix List for VFP 7

3. I am looking for an automation/scheduler for VFP 3.0

4. I am shocked about VFP

5. I am looking for an automation/scheduler for VFP 3.0

6. VFP Data Grouping - am I going mad ??

7. VFP: Form+Menu: Am I missing something?

8. Newbie: I am so confused about implications of moving a VFP project to a new directory

9. Am inserested in VFP using TREEVIEW iwht HitTest

10. VFP3 Bugs (was: Re: VFP 3 or VFP 5)

11. This VFP6 bugs are really bugging me

12. Need Expert Help: Am I stupid...or is it a bug?