Network application is losing record and table locks, machines simultaneously crashing
Author Message
 Network application is losing record and table locks, machines simultaneously crashing

Running on an NT system the application is losing the record locks. It
thinks that table and record locks apply when they don't. Also when this
happens quite often another machine on the network will crash with unrelated
errors. The machines run the executable locally just accessing the data on
the server. Could this be a memory issue? Has anybody experienced something
similar?

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Network application is losing record and table locks, machines simultaneously crashing
Hi Paul,

Forgive my network naivete (can't spell neither!) - I believe we had
an issue like this where the DNS server was timing out the connection
and giving the IP to another workstation. I don't remember the details
other than that - and the network admin that solved the problem is no
longer with us... hope this helps.

Best,

Mark
/\/\/

Sat, 01 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Record locking simulation under Windows on one machine

2. Using time on user's machine instead of network machine

3. HELP locking of records on network not working [foxpro2.6]

4. Help...Network record locking problems

5. Table lost in a network group ?

6. Table lost on network group

7. Help!...Records Inserted into the table competely lost..

8. User who has locked a table/record ?

9. User who has locked a table/record ?

10. Index locks off on last record in table.

11. - How to lock records in SQL Server tables?

12. Record/Table locking by another user