Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Author Message
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers

Hi,

I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in preview
or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

I have the same problem with Windows 98.

Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

Thank's

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Sic (?)-

Have you applied Visual Studio Service Pack 3?

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
In addition to what Nancy said it may be
a good idea to download the latest drivers
at.
www.hp.com
                            Al
Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
> drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in preview
> or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

> I have the same problem with Windows 98.

> Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

> Thank's

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
We have had many problems with HP printer drivers. Normally we suggest to
our users that they use an HP 4 series driver - that seems to work for us
most of the time.

--
William Fields
US Bankruptcy Court

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
> drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in preview
> or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

> I have the same problem with Windows 98.

> Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

> Thank's

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
William-

Did _you_ apply sp3? It's supposed to deal with some|many|all <bg> of the HP
driver problems.

-Nancy

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
We have, but have not re-tested the HP drivers.

I know, I know....

--
William Fields
US Bankruptcy Court

Quote:
> William-

> Did _you_ apply sp3? It's supposed to deal with some|many|all <bg> of the
HP
> driver problems.

> -Nancy

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
William-

What? I wasn't gonna nag ya! I can't possibly throw stones, living as I do,
in
a glass house <bg>.  But, I was wondering if you were experiencing the same
problems with the SP.  Now, GET BACK TO WORK, YOU! <bg>

--
-Nancy

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Marco-
Please, please, please tell us if you have applied the Visual Studio Service
Pack 3 to your VFP 6.0 version.  You can check in the Help|About screen and
it will say if it's been applied.

Really, your answer to that question makes all the difference.  If you
haven't you should download it (or order it from MS) and apply it.

--
-Nancy

Quote:
> We are using the HP LJ2100, and the client says that when they print from
> our application written in VFP 6.0 reports their printer looks for a form
> print.  We created the VFP 6.0 application report with the report writer,
> nothing special, no special codes that we send.

> But if they place a piece of paper in the manual feed, then the report
> prints OK. (in the report writer, the report is setup up for letter size,
> and I use an HP 4 for my development)

> The client has also tried the HP 4 driver and some others, but same
problem

> Any Ideas?

> ____________________________

> God Bless
> Marco Napoli
> Little Helpers of Our Loving Mother
> Official Web Site for Nancy Fowler (visionary) in Conyers, GA USA
> http://www.ourlovingmother.org

> > Hi,

> > I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
> > drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in preview
> > or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

> > I have the same problem with Windows 98.

> > Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

> > Thank's

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
I have exactly the same problem. I have an application running from WIN 98
and WIN NT 4.0 developed with VFP 6.0 SP3 and Visual Promatrix. I have both
HP4000 TN and HP2100 TN. I have systems configured with both printers. If I
send the output to the HP 4000 it all prints. If I send the output to the
HP2100 I have to press the online button between every page. Other
applications have no problem with either printer.

I am beginning to think that it may be due to the reports being formatted
with very small margins, and the HP2100 is treating the full page output as
some type of odd paper size. Some reports from the same application print
fine on either printer. I mainly have problems with multi-page portrait
output to 8.5X11 with full pages.

I have only had the HP2100 for a few days and I have not had a chance to
really dig into the problem.
--
Bill Walter
Resource Optimization, Inc.

Quote:
> We are using the HP LJ2100, and the client says that when they print from
> our application written in VFP 6.0 reports their printer looks for a form
> print.  We created the VFP 6.0 application report with the report writer,
> nothing special, no special codes that we send.

> But if they place a piece of paper in the manual feed, then the report
> prints OK. (in the report writer, the report is setup up for letter size,
> and I use an HP 4 for my development)

> The client has also tried the HP 4 driver and some others, but same
problem

> Any Ideas?

> ____________________________

> God Bless
> Marco Napoli
> Little Helpers of Our Loving Mother
> Official Web Site for Nancy Fowler (visionary) in Conyers, GA USA
> http://www.ourlovingmother.org

> > Hi,

> > I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
> > drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in preview
> > or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

> > I have the same problem with Windows 98.

> > Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

> > Thank's

Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Yes, I have applied the Service Pack 3 to the VFP 6.0 version

Marco

Quote:
> Marco-
> Please, please, please tell us if you have applied the Visual Studio
Service
> Pack 3 to your VFP 6.0 version.  You can check in the Help|About screen
and
> it will say if it's been applied.

> Really, your answer to that question makes all the difference.  If you
> haven't you should download it (or order it from MS) and apply it.

> --
> -Nancy

> > We are using the HP LJ2100, and the client says that when they print
from
> > our application written in VFP 6.0 reports their printer looks for a
form
> > print.  We created the VFP 6.0 application report with the report
writer,
> > nothing special, no special codes that we send.

> > But if they place a piece of paper in the manual feed, then the report
> > prints OK. (in the report writer, the report is setup up for letter
size,
> > and I use an HP 4 for my development)

> > The client has also tried the HP 4 driver and some others, but same
> problem

> > Any Ideas?

> > ____________________________

> > God Bless
> > Marco Napoli
> > Little Helpers of Our Loving Mother
> > Official Web Site for Nancy Fowler (visionary) in Conyers, GA USA
> > http://www.ourlovingmother.org

> > > Hi,

> > > I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
> > > drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in
preview
> > > or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

> > > I have the same problem with Windows 98.

> > > Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

> > > Thank's

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Hi Bill,

Please let us know if you find a solutions.

Thank you.
Marco

Quote:
> I have exactly the same problem. I have an application running from WIN 98
> and WIN NT 4.0 developed with VFP 6.0 SP3 and Visual Promatrix. I have
both
> HP4000 TN and HP2100 TN. I have systems configured with both printers. If
> send the output to the HP 4000 it all prints. If I send the output to the
> HP2100 I have to press the online button between every page. Other
> applications have no problem with either printer.

> I am beginning to think that it may be due to the reports being formatted
> with very small margins, and the HP2100 is treating the full page output
as
> some type of odd paper size. Some reports from the same application print
> fine on either printer. I mainly have problems with multi-page portrait
> output to 8.5X11 with full pages.

> I have only had the HP2100 for a few days and I have not had a chance to
> really dig into the problem.
> --
> Bill Walter
> Resource Optimization, Inc.

> > We are using the HP LJ2100, and the client says that when they print
from
> > our application written in VFP 6.0 reports their printer looks for a
form
> > print.  We created the VFP 6.0 application report with the report
writer,
> > nothing special, no special codes that we send.

> > But if they place a piece of paper in the manual feed, then the report
> > prints OK. (in the report writer, the report is setup up for letter
size,
> > and I use an HP 4 for my development)

> > The client has also tried the HP 4 driver and some others, but same
> problem

> > Any Ideas?

> > ____________________________

> > God Bless
> > Marco Napoli
> > Little Helpers of Our Loving Mother
> > Official Web Site for Nancy Fowler (visionary) in Conyers, GA USA
> > http://www.ourlovingmother.org

> > > Hi,

> > > I have a big problem with my VFP6 application and the HP printer's
> > > drivers (HP 4000 and HP8000). When I want to edit a repport (in
preview
> > > or directly to printer) my system (Windows 95) fall down.

> > > I have the same problem with Windows 98.

> > > Is anybody have already heard about a similar problem ??????

> > > Thank's

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Marco-

Thanks for clarifying, Marco.  It's helps to have all the info to pass on to
MS.

--
-Nancy

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Bill-
Thanks for posting the specifics.  I don't use these printers, but will try
to run it by others--not that they aren't already watching. ;-)

--
-Nancy

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
William-
Check these two KB articles on printer driver problems, if you haven't
already, Q182137 and Q183522
If either help, would you mind letting me know (by posting a reply here),
please?  Thanks.
--
-Nancy

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importants problems with VFP6 and HP printer drivers
Marco-
Check these two KB articles on printer driver problems, if you haven't
already, Q182137 and Q183522
If either help, would you mind letting me know (by posting a reply here),
please?  Thanks.
--
-Nancy

Thu, 14 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 18 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. VFP6 chrashes with hp Deskjet970 Printer driver

2. HP LASER 2100 Printer Driver Problem??

3. HP4000N Printer driver causing problems with VFP6?

4. HP Printer drivers on FPW2.6

5. HP Printer Drivers

6. Printer driver for HP Laserjet 4 Plus

7. why vfp make a conflict with printer hp 800 series drivers

8. Error loading printer driver fot HP LaserJet 4100N

9. Crash with HP LAserjet 4000 Series printer driver

10. HP Printer drivers

11. VFP6 reports to HP LJ6P cause orange LED on printer

12. VFP6 applications printing on HP LaserJet Printers