VFP and Monitoring / Slowing Down a Hub or Router
Author Message
 VFP and Monitoring / Slowing Down a Hub or Router

Hello -

I am wondering if one knows of any programs or ways to slow down a hub or
router from say 100 or 10 mbs to 100kbs or 1.5 mbs or a predetermined setting.

I had a potential client ask how my application would run with VPN.  Now, in
general it runs fine using pc Anywhere, Terminal Server or Citrix.  But, those
programs only transfer screen data.  So, my thought was if I could slow down my
hub to say a T1 line around 1.5 mbs then my router would (sort of) emulate T1
speeds and I could easily check this out.  Also, it would be nice if some kind
of application could somehow count the bytes being transferred through the
router or hub.  I heard that some routers will limit total mbs for slowing down
network traffic so it may be built into some. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:02:15 GMT
 VFP and Monitoring / Slowing Down a Hub or Router

Quote:
>I had a potential client ask how my application would run with VPN.  Now, in
>general it runs fine using pc Anywhere, Terminal Server or Citrix.  But, those
>programs only transfer screen data.

Correct. Accessing data form a VFP app as if it was a desktop app, but across a WAN it'll crawl.

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:46:00 GMT
 VFP and Monitoring / Slowing Down a Hub or Router
Hello

I don't see why it would across a WAN if the app is run locally and it just
needs to access the data files on the WAN.  I want to know if anyone knows how
to slow down a router or has info on a program to slow it down.

Thanks

Quote:
>Subject: Re: VFP and Monitoring / Slowing Down a Hub or Router

>Date: 3/21/2003 10:46 AM Pacific Standard Time

>>I had a potential client ask how my application would run with VPN.  Now, in
>>general it runs fine using pc Anywhere, Terminal Server or Citrix.  But,
>those
>>programs only transfer screen data.

>Correct. Accessing data form a VFP app as if it was a desktop app, but across
>a WAN it'll crawl.

Mike

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:09:54 GMT

1. VFP / Hubs / Slowing Down / Please help

2. VFP 5.0 why slows down when edit?

3. Vfp 5 application slowing down system time

4. Problem with slowing down VFP - application

5. FPM2.6 genscrn slow down

6. do forms and menus slow down *.prg files?

7. VFP7 - All slow down very much when several forms are opened

8. how to make it slow down ?

9. SBT 2.6A Application slows down over time

10. SPT Slows down and stops after time Please email me if you get a hint

11. Slowing down SAVE works, othewise it fails

12. Slow down system under McAfee Virus scan program