results: Filtering no-match record/field (SELECT-SQL)
Author Message
 results: Filtering no-match record/field (SELECT-SQL)

I posted a request for help earlier on:

Two dbfs used in a SELECT-SQL statement

        to place into dbf3 any records from dbf1

        where *any record* of dbf1.field1 & dbf1.field2 found
        *no match* in *any record* of dbf2.field1 & dbf2.field2

This is the result; slightly modified from what was suggested to me.

Thanks for the help. :)

SELECT * ;
 FROM fileinfo ;
 WHERE upper(alltrim(fileinfo.name)+alltrim(str(fileinfo.size)));
 NOT IN;
  (SELECT upper(alltrim(knwnapps.name)+alltrim(str(knwnapps.size)));
   FROM knwnapps) ;
 INTO TABLE hldunkf.dbf

The 'not in' clause and the use of a select sql statement as a
function inside a select sql statement are the key concepts I
gained.  It is also VERY fast compared to the old loop method.

cmore

Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. FP 2.5 erratic Select SQL results when using date fields

2. Different results with SELECT SQL and DELETE SQL.

3. Selecting records with NO match

4. Filtering results by Date Fields

5. Appending from a record and replacing any entrys that match in a certain field

6. How can I limit the number of records selected with SELECT - SQL in FPW

7. Select - SQL without a result set

8. what settings can effect results of SELECT SQL

9. SELECT - SQL result set dependant on whether table is indexed

10. SELECT SQL return wrong result

11. Select - SQL gives inconsistent results

12. IIF results in a Select - SQL statement