MAPI Session Properties and Methods
Author Message
 MAPI Session Properties and Methods

I am creating an application that automates the distribution of reports
using the MAPI session object. It works great using the following code:

ox=createobject("mapi.session")
ox.logon
...create the messages
...add attachments if needed
...etc
ox.logoff
release ox

My problem is that I would like to expand the scope of what I am doing to
reading messages in folders, responding to content conditionally, getting
address book info, getting schedule info, etc. I have looked everywhere
that I can think of on the Microsoft site for a complete list of properties
and methods associated with the session object and cannot find it. I can
find the Visual Basic and VBA language equivalents but most of them do not
work in VFP. Anyone got any idea where I can find this information?

Thanks.

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 MAPI Session Properties and Methods

Yes, the object models are on the Office97 CDrom.  Go to the start button
and do a find for *.hlp on the cdrom.  When the search has concluded, click
on the name header to set the order and go to the files listed as vba*.hlp.
You'll find vbawrd8.hlp for Word, vbaxl8.hlp for Excel, vbaoutl.hlp for
Outlook.  I've got a few code samples on my web page that should be helpful
and will be posting more in the next few weeks.   As for vba in VFP, only
selected pieces work.  Look at my Word sample, it shows how you can intermix
vba and word basic to achieve the desired results.  To save and print you
use word basic, but all the other stuff is vba.

John Harvey

http://home.att.net/~john.harvey/vfpstuff.htm

Quote:
>I am creating an application that automates the distribution of reports
>using the MAPI session object. It works great using the following code:

>ox=createobject("mapi.session")
>ox.logon
>...create the messages
>...add attachments if needed
>...etc
>ox.logoff
>release ox

>My problem is that I would like to expand the scope of what I am doing to
>reading messages in folders, responding to content conditionally, getting
>address book info, getting schedule info, etc. I have looked everywhere
>that I can think of on the Microsoft site for a complete list of properties
>and methods associated with the session object and cannot find it. I can
>find the Visual Basic and VBA language equivalents but most of them do not
>work in VFP. Anyone got any idea where I can find this information?

>Thanks.

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Class definition MAPI.SESSION is not found

2. OutLook 2000 - FoxPro MAPI.Session problem

3. Class definition Mapi.Session is not found

4. Class definition Mapi.Session is not found

5. mapi.session - receipt requested

6. mapi (message&session)

7. MAPI (SESSION&MESSAGES)

8. mapi.session class

9. Where is the MAPI.Session

10. VFP Mapi Session Sign-on Errors

11. Programatically Using A MAPI Shared Session

12. mapi.session & HTMLbody