How to play midi in fox pro ??
Author Message
 How to play midi in fox pro ??

How ???
if can't play midi, can it play wave file ??

if can..how ??

I feel so good
It's automatic ~~

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to play midi in fox pro ??
Wave files are easy:

SET BELL TO "c:\windows\media\Jungle Default.wav", 1  && For example
?? CHR(7) && Ring Bell

For Midi Files copy the following into a program:

PUBLIC oForm
oForm = createobject("CMidForm")
DEFINE CLASS CMidForm AS Form
  Function Init()
    this.oleMidObject.DoVerb(0)
  ENDFUNC
  ShowWindow = 2
  ADD OBJECT oleMidObject AS OleControl;
     WITH OleClass = "MidFile",;
     DocumentFile = "C:\windows\media\canyon.mid"  && Change as
appropriate
ENDDEFINE

Hope this helps

Regards
Michael Megan

Quote:

> How ???
> if can't play midi, can it play wave file ??

> if can..how ??

> I feel so good
> It's automatic ~~

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to play midi in fox pro ??

:Wave files are easy:
:
:SET BELL TO "c:\windows\media\Jungle Default.wav", 1  && For example
:?? CHR(7) && Ring Bell

I used this technique in a program I wrote for myself that required (and
still does) a lot of data entry. I can be typing merrily along, and if a
certain condition exists, I hear an announcement of the condition,
prerecorded by me with a microphone, notifying me. It's more elequent
than a beep or two.

You must remember to do a SET BELL TO, to restore the default. Another
technique I like is changing the tone of the beep. I do things like:

IF llSound=.T.
        SET BELL TO mdefault+'\NOTFOUND.WAV',0   && If I'm in the mood.
ELSE
        SET BELL TO 380,1 && Perhaps I prefer beeps now.
ENDIF

Dan

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to play midi in fox pro ??

2. Play sound in fox pro ???

3. How to play midi when running the form ?

4. play midi

5. Fox Pro 2.6 A to Visual Fox Pro

6. Fox pro 2.6 to visual fox pro 6 or 7

7. WTB Fox Pro Pro

8. WTB Fox Pro Pro Version 3.0

9. WTB Fox Pro Pro

10. WTB Fox Pro Pro 3.0

11. MIDI

12. VFP , mmsystem.dll and low level midi