Database Ver 5 to Ver 3
Author Message
 Database Ver 5 to Ver 3

Quote:
> Our application is written in VFP version 3. I need to be able to open
> the database and make changes to the data outside the application using
> VFP version 5.  I know that after I open the database in VFP 5 I can no
> longer open it in VFP 3, but I really need a "workaround".  I think I
> read an article about this, but I'm not sure.

> TIA
> Lane Kendall
> DataSense

Lane,
recompile the database in 3 after you are done modifying in 5:

COMPILE DATABASE data1

Kevin

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database Ver 5 to Ver 3

Our application is written in VFP version 3. I need to be able to open
the database and make changes to the data outside the application using
VFP version 5.  I know that after I open the database in VFP 5 I can no
longer open it in VFP 3, but I really need a "workaround".  I think I
read an article about this, but I'm not sure.

TIA
Lane Kendall
DataSense

Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Database Ver 5 to Ver 3

Quote:

> > Our application is written in VFP version 3. I need to be able to open
> > the database and make changes to the data outside the application using
> > VFP version 5.  I know that after I open the database in VFP 5 I can no
> > longer open it in VFP 3, but I really need a "workaround".  I think I
> > read an article about this, but I'm not sure.

> > TIA
> > Lane Kendall
> > DataSense

> Lane,
> recompile the database in 3 after you are done modifying in 5:

> COMPILE DATABASE data1

> Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I'll give it a try!
Lane

Sun, 19 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. FOXpro Ver 2.5 for Windows, Prof ver: New

2. Report Writer Ver 8.0 to Ver 10.0

3. Help! update database from ver 3 to ver 5 via exe?

4. Reasons to convince a customer to upgrade from Ver 5 runtime to Ver 7 Runtime.

5. Poosible problem running a ver 6 app in ver 5?

6. distribution kit for ver 2.5

7. Installation VFP ver 7.0

8. Look For A Hotel software (Demo Ver.)

9. porting dos ver to win probs?

10. !! FOXpro Ver 2.5 for Windows Direct Parallel Port Access

11. Drawing inside foxpro... (Mac ver 2.5)

12. Al ver foto en pantalla se muestra debajo nombre del archivo de la foto