PRINT MEMO Field
Author Message
 PRINT MEMO Field

Is their a quick one line command that I could add to a button that
would print the contents of memo field entry?

THANKS!

http://www.*-*-*.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT MEMO Field
If it were me, I world create a report and print the memo field that
way.  That way you know what you are getting each time....
Quote:

> Is their a quick one line command that I could add to a button that
> would print the contents of memo field entry?

> THANKS!

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT MEMO Field
Why should the code in a Click event be restricted to one line?
.A

Quote:
> Is their a quick one line command that I could add to a button that
> would print the contents of memo field entry?

> THANKS!

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT MEMO Field
John,

You may be able to do it with the following but I've seen problems with the
LPT1 part and couldn't test it myself.

COPY MEMO MyTable.MyMemo TO MyMemoTextFile.txt
COPY MyMemoTextFile.txt TO LPT1

The following worked under my test but requires Word to be installed:

COPY MEMO MyTable.MyMemo TO MyMemoTextFile.txt
oWord = CREATEOBJECT("Word.Application")
oWord.Documents.Open("D:\MyPath\MyMemoTextFile.txt")
oWord.Printout()
oWord.Quit

--

Cindy Winegarden
Microsoft Certified Professional, Visual FoxPro

Duke Children's Information Systems
Duke University Medical Center

| Is their a quick one line command that I could add to a button that
| would print the contents of memo field entry?
|
| THANKS!

| http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
| -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT MEMO Field

Just a figure of speech... :)

In other words, looking for the easy way.

Quote:
>Why should the code in a Click event be restricted to one line?
>.A

>> Is their a quick one line command that I could add to a button that
>> would print the contents of memo field entry?

>> THANKS!

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 PRINT MEMO Field
Yes, there is.  But, like everyone else said, it's better to do it from within
a report so you have more control.  But, here's a "one liner" that will do it
in VFP:

??? trim(MyTable.MyMemoField)

)>Subject: PRINT MEMO Field

Quote:

>Date: 9/16/2000 2:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>Is their a quick one line command that I could add to a button that
>would print the contents of memo field entry?

>THANKS!

Mike

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing memo field from report form

2. Printing Memo Fields

3. Printing memo fields (ignore prior post)

4. FPW2.6 - printing & print preview - memo fields

5. Printing a Memo Field

6. Printing Large Memo Fields (Bombing)

7. Printing long memo fields in FPMac

8. Printing large memo fields > 1 page

9. Printing 10 memo fields (fox 2.6)

10. bold part of a memo field when printing

11. Printing a memo field with out extra blanks

12. FPW 2.6 probelm in printing a memo field