Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver
Author Message
 Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver

Hi,

I have client with a brother HL10H printer who is getting the 'error loading
printer driver' message

I have tried renaming the printer to just 'brother' without any success

The code i am using is

    cPrinter = chr(34) + alltrim(mytable.printer_name) + chr(34)

    set printer to name (cPrinter)

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

All help thankfully received.

John Davy

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 10:29:08 GMT
 Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver
I think it is better to use GETPRINTER() and/or REPORT FORM .. TO PRINTER PROMPT. See VFP help for details on GETPRINTER().

Your problem is probably caused by setting the wrong printer(driver), ie one that does not exist

--
Eric den Doop
www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP7

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have client with a brother HL10H printer who is getting the 'error loading
> printer driver' message

> I have tried renaming the printer to just 'brother' without any success

> The code i am using is

>     cPrinter = chr(34) + alltrim(mytable.printer_name) + chr(34)

>     set printer to name (cPrinter)

> Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

> All help thankfully received.

> John Davy

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:20:12 GMT
 Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver
Thanks for your reply Eric

The code snippit that I supplied before was not the full story, I do
actually check to see if the printer driver is present.

The idea was to allow the user to nominate a default printer for a report.
(This is stored in a table)

I have a text box on the report options screen called 'printer' with a
related 'search for printer option'
On initialisation the printer name is pulled from a file but is then checked
against all available printers and if not found
is replaced with the default windows printer

This is part of the setup routine for the form

with thisform
    cPrinter = alltrim(.Printer.value)
    n=aPrinters(aPr)
    if empty(n)
        say("no printers found on this workstation")
        return .f.
    endif
    lOk = .f.
    if !empty(cPrinter)
        for i = 1 to n
            if cPrinter = aPr[i]
                lOk = .t.
                exit
            endif
        next
     endif
    if empty(cPrinter) or lOk = .f.
        cPrinter = alltrim(set("PRINTER",3))
    endif
     .PRINTER.value = alltrim(cPrinter)
    set printer to name (cP)
endwith

I did not want to use GETPRINTER() or TO PRINTER PROMPT because this would
mean that the user has to select the printer every time.
This routine works well for other printer drivers but seems to be giving me
a problem with this one

John Davy

Quote:
> I think it is better to use GETPRINTER() and/or REPORT FORM .. TO PRINTER

PROMPT. See VFP help for details on GETPRINTER().
Quote:

> Your problem is probably caused by setting the wrong printer(driver), ie

one that does not exist
Quote:

> --
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP7

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:09:54 GMT
 Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver
Mmm, if it works for all other printer drivers, then I think the problem is with the printer driver. Have you installed the latest
version of the driver? I know HP is a pain, but I am not sure about Brother.

--
Eric den Doop
www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP7

Quote:

> Thanks for your reply Eric

> The code snippit that I supplied before was not the full story, I do
> actually check to see if the printer driver is present.

> The idea was to allow the user to nominate a default printer for a report.
> (This is stored in a table)

> I have a text box on the report options screen called 'printer' with a
> related 'search for printer option'
> On initialisation the printer name is pulled from a file but is then checked
> against all available printers and if not found
> is replaced with the default windows printer

> This is part of the setup routine for the form

> with thisform
>     cPrinter = alltrim(.Printer.value)
>     n=aPrinters(aPr)
>     if empty(n)
>         say("no printers found on this workstation")
>         return .f.
>     endif
>     lOk = .f.
>     if !empty(cPrinter)
>         for i = 1 to n
>             if cPrinter = aPr[i]
>                 lOk = .t.
>                 exit
>             endif
>         next
>      endif
>     if empty(cPrinter) or lOk = .f.
>         cPrinter = alltrim(set("PRINTER",3))
>     endif
>      .PRINTER.value = alltrim(cPrinter)
>     set printer to name (cP)
> endwith

> I did not want to use GETPRINTER() or TO PRINTER PROMPT because this would
> mean that the user has to select the printer every time.
> This routine works well for other printer drivers but seems to be giving me
> a problem with this one

> John Davy

> > I think it is better to use GETPRINTER() and/or REPORT FORM .. TO PRINTER
> PROMPT. See VFP help for details on GETPRINTER().

> > Your problem is probably caused by setting the wrong printer(driver), ie
> one that does not exist

> > --
> > Eric den Doop
> > www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP7

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:40:52 GMT
 Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver
A good point, the client is somewhat remote so I haven't actually been
there, but I believe that they have a tech who has reloaded the driver for
them.  I will have a look on the brother site to see if a more recent driver
is available.

It does seem to be a bit of twitchy area for foxpro apps though..

John

Quote:
> Mmm, if it works for all other printer drivers, then I think the problem

is with the printer driver. Have you installed the latest
Quote:
> version of the driver? I know HP is a pain, but I am not sure about
Brother.

> --
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP7

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:48:11 GMT

1. Error 1958 Error loading printer driver.

2. How to Avoid Error Loading Printer Driver Error?

3. Error 1958 : "Error loading printer driver"

4. Error 1958 - Error loading printer driver

5. Errror 1958 - Error loading printer driver

6. Error Loading Printer Driver

7. Error Loading Printer Driver Problem

8. Error loading printer driver

9. Error loading printer driver