Automated Replication for FoxPro?
Author Message
 Automated Replication for FoxPro?

Has anyone heard of an automated replication system for
FoxPro (either shareware or 3rd party)?  Automated
Replication modules are now available for most of the
Commercial Client-Server DBMSs.

This system would be capable of automatically replicating
FoxPro records in specified tables from one site to another
for some condition (e.g. record modified, inserted, or
deleted).  It should be generic enough to work with any
FoxPro database provided the tables have been setup properly.

Mon, 05 May 1997 05:07:43 GMT
 Automated Replication for FoxPro?

Quote:
> Has anyone heard of an automated replication system for
> FoxPro (either shareware or 3rd party)?  Automated
> Replication modules are now available for most of the
> Commercial Client-Server DBMSs.

> This system would be capable of automatically replicating
> FoxPro records in specified tables from one site to another
> for some condition (e.g. record modified, inserted, or
> deleted).  It should be generic enough to work with any
> FoxPro database provided the tables have been setup properly.

There is a one or two man company outside Chicago that offers a utility
that synchronizes updates to tables that reside on multiple networks
that are connected via a WAN.

DL Systems
att: Mark Winters
708/653-7925

Mon, 05 May 1997 05:52:15 GMT
 Automated Replication for FoxPro?

Quote:

>Subject: Automated Replication for FoxPro?
>Date: 16 Nov 1994 21:07:43 GMT
>Has anyone heard of an automated replication system for
>FoxPro (either shareware or 3rd party)?  Automated
>Replication modules are now available for most of the
>Commercial Client-Server DBMSs.
>This system would be capable of automatically replicating
>FoxPro records in specified tables from one site to another
>for some condition (e.g. record modified, inserted, or
>deleted).  It should be generic enough to work with any
>FoxPro database provided the tables have been setup properly.

Greg,

A couple quick questions.
1)  What platform?  Do you want the software to run on a Netware file server,
MS NT Server, etc?  The solution will depend on the OS your using.

2)  Does it have to be real-time replication, if not, why not write your own
program in FoxPro?  You could use an old PC or Mac and dedicate it to the
task.  This will be much cheaper than realtime mirroring.

3) You could also, modify your client to update both databases, but this would
be problematic.  I would use this as a last option or if money is tight.

I hope I helped.

   III
UU  I  UU     Tony Walker

 U  I  U
  UUIUU       Go IU!!!!
   III

Thu, 08 May 1997 14:05:42 GMT

1. Replication with Foxpro

2. Foxpro replication across TCP/IP?

3. SQL to Foxpro ODBC Replication?

4. Automated faxing from Foxpro 2.6 application

5. automate outlook with foxpro

6. FoxPro Automated Testing - HELP!

7. Automating and excel macro from Foxpro

8. Automating email from visual foxpro

9. automating excel via a foxpro-program

10. V Foxpro to Word automate bookmark

11. FoxPro automated testing tool...

12. how to automate a graph in foxpro v2.6 and/or v3.0