(*.HLP) : Need help to build Windows 3.x Help Files
Author Message
 (*.HLP) : Need help to build Windows 3.x Help Files

    I use Microsoft FoxPro 2.6 for Windows 3.x to build projects,
applications and executable stand alone files (*.pjx, *.app, *.exe). I
have been working using "DOS Help Style" files, but now I need to
provide help on line using Windows style help ones, so

    Could you please tell me, how can I build 16 Bits Windows Style
Help Files?

                        Ricardo M. Callejas

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 (*.HLP) : Need help to build Windows 3.x Help Files

FPW26 comes with a Help compiler and a manual called "Help Compiler Guide".
All you need is the help compiler (which you can also probably download
from MS) and a word processor that does RTF file format (like Word). If you
need help on how to get started or how to actually create a help doc in
Word, let me know. Let me add, though, that if your help project is fairly
substantial, you might be better off using a 3rd party help tool. Using
Word/RTF to create & maintain a large help file has the potential to drive
one crazy. Compared to paying for a shrink, a 3rd-party tool would be very
cost effective.

Quote:
>     I use Microsoft FoxPro 2.6 for Windows 3.x to build projects,
> applications and executable stand alone files (*.pjx, *.app, *.exe). I
> have been working using "DOS Help Style" files, but now I need to
> provide help on line using Windows style help ones, so

>     Could you please tell me, how can I build 16 Bits Windows Style
> Help Files?

>                    Ricardo M. Callejas

Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. (*.HLP) : Need help to build Windows 3.x Help Files

2. Help needed building an .EXE file

3. Help.hlp and help.dbf

4. HELP,HELP,HELP need help fast

5. Help needed with ONLINE HELP system inside .EXE file

6. Help needed to Create Help File !

7. HELP NEEDED ON BUILDING TWO SCREENS TOGATHER!!!

8. I NEED HELP I NEED HELP CUSTOMIZING EXCHANGE 5.0

9. Large .exe file after building (Help)

10. Building Help file

11. Help Building Executable file VFP 3.0 Professional Edition

12. Custom built programmers help file