Any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP?
Author Message
 Any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP?

Hello,

Is there any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP.
Sometimes, when my VFP EXE exits, it still continues to run in the
background.   I would like to check for the instance of my program when it
starts and if my program is still running in the background (as a windows
task), I want it to shutdown that task much like doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL,
selecting the program and hitting End Task.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Chris

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 05:21:29 GMT
 Any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP?

sounds like you have a read but no clear read
Allen

Quote:
> Hello,

> Is there any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP.
> Sometimes, when my VFP EXE exits, it still continues to run in the
> background.   I would like to check for the instance of my program when it

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:06:04 GMT
 Any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP?
There are object references{*filter*} around that haven't been properly
released.
-Anders

Quote:
> Hello,

> Is there any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP.
> Sometimes, when my VFP EXE exits, it still continues to run in the
> background.   I would like to check for the instance of my program when it
> starts and if my program is still running in the background (as a windows
> task), I want it to shutdown that task much like doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL,
> selecting the program and hitting End Task.

> Any ideas would be appreciated,

> Chris

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:32:48 GMT
 Any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP?
I thought that  the RELEASE ALL command before exit should take care of
that.

Chris

Quote:
> There are object references{*filter*} around that haven't been properly
> released.
> -Anders

> > Hello,

> > Is there any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP.
> > Sometimes, when my VFP EXE exits, it still continues to run in the
> > background.   I would like to check for the instance of my program when
it
> > starts and if my program is still running in the background (as a
windows
> > task), I want it to shutdown that task much like doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL,
> > selecting the program and hitting End Task.

> > Any ideas would be appreciated,

> > Chris

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:38:46 GMT
 Any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP?

RELEASE ALL doesn't release properties of other objects; these may still be
holding a reference.
-Anders

Quote:
> I thought that  the RELEASE ALL command before exit should take care of
> that.

> Chris

> > There are object references{*filter*} around that haven't been properly
> > released.
> > -Anders

> > > Hello,

> > > Is there any way to programatically shutdown a windows task from VFP.
> > > Sometimes, when my VFP EXE exits, it still continues to run in the
> > > background.   I would like to check for the instance of my program
when
> it
> > > starts and if my program is still running in the background (as a
> windows
> > > task), I want it to shutdown that task much like doing a CTRL-ALT-DEL,
> > > selecting the program and hitting End Task.

> > > Any ideas would be appreciated,

> > > Chris

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:40:29 GMT

1. Any way to programatically shutdown a background window task in VFP?

2. MS WindowsXP shutdown and ON SHUTDOWN in VFP

3. VFP prevents Windows shutdown

4. need hide the task bar of windows

5. is possible hide the task bar of windows

6. Windows Task Bar\Start Bar

7. windows shutdown ?

8. prevent Windows 95 shutdown

9. Detecting windows shutdown..

10. shutdown and restart windows 95

11. SHUTDOWN WINDOWS

12. find out what the windows default printer is programatically