FOXW2600.ESL
Author Message
 FOXW2600.ESL

     If I read my dis kit manuals right I need the file FOXW2600.ESL
in whatever directory the exe is.  This file is about 3 megs and the
apps I create are slow to load.  Is there a trimmed down way to do this?

Thanks!
Joe

* Joe Konecny - Computer Science Student, BGSU              *
* Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green Ohio        *

Mon, 27 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 FOXW2600.ESL

Quote:
>     If I read my dis kit manuals right I need the file FOXW2600.ESL
>in whatever directory the exe is.  This file is about 3 megs and the
>apps I create are slow to load.  Is there a trimmed down way to do this?

Joe,

I'm not certain that the esl needs to be in each application directory.  I'm
pretty sure FP will search the path to find it.

The latest esl is only about 2mb.  This was the one distributed with FPW2.6a.

The esl is absolutley required for a stand-alone app.  You can't get around
that.  However, I'm not certain that FP loads the entire esl when you start
the app.  It may just use the pieces that it needs in overlays.

As for slow loading, I believe there are a number of suggestions for
optimization in the help file.

Ed

Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 FOXW2600.ESL

Quote:

>>     If I read my dis kit manuals right I need the file FOXW2600.ESL
>>in whatever directory the exe is.  This file is about 3 megs and the
>>apps I create are slow to load.  Is there a trimmed down way to do
this?

>Joe,

>I'm not certain that the esl needs to be in each application directory.
 I'm
>pretty sure FP will search the path to find it.

>The latest esl is only about 2mb.  This was the one distributed with
FPW2.6a.

>The esl is absolutley required for a stand-alone app.  You can't get
around
>that.  However, I'm not certain that FP loads the entire esl when you
start
>the app.  It may just use the pieces that it needs in overlays.

>As for slow loading, I believe there are a number of suggestions for
>optimization in the help file.

>Ed

Joe,
Are you running your exe on a LAN? If so, put the ESL on the local drive
of each PC, not on the server, this will improve loading time. FPW will
search the PATH for the ESL if it doesn't find it in the applications
directory.

Andrew

Fri, 31 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with FOXW2600.ESL in Windows 98...

2. Delivery foxw2600.esl

3. RQBE and FOXW2600.ESL

4. FOXPROW has caused an error in FOXW2600.ESL

5. foxw2600.esl file size error

6. Foxw2600.esl file location

7. Modifying the icon in FOXW2600.ESL

8. replace foxw2600.esl ICON -- How?

9. foxw2600.esl parameters?

10. FOXW2600.ESL - have i got the latest version?

11. Date changed on FOXW2600.ESL

12. Help Need "foxw2600.esl"