VFP7 & modem
Author Message
 VFP7 & modem

I wrote a program with low level functions ( FOPEN,
FREAD, .. ) which sends and receives data via modem. But
sometimes the program "freeze" in FREAD function. Then I
go to ControlPanel\...\Modems\Properties\Diagnostics\Query
Modem , restart the program and then work fine.

1. How can determine the name of the modem ?
2. How can I simulate or execute "Query Modem" ?

TIA

Mitja

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:32:04 GMT
 VFP7 & modem
heya -
suggest you switch to mscomm32.ocx for this kinda thing....
there are a lot of 'sticky bits' that the modem will not pass to your
fread() that deal with status -
and some of these things will 'freeze' your modem.

if you still want to use fread() - suggest you adopt some of the low level
CRC checks normally found on file transfer protocols - take a look, at a
minimum, at the source code for xmodem file transfer protocol and try to
incorporate the same CRC stuff in your program.
hth - mondo regards [Bill]

--
=============================[remove the dot bob to reply]
William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group. MSDN ISV - VFP/SQL .  mySql/ Sql /

Quote:
> I wrote a program with low level functions ( FOPEN,
> FREAD, .. ) which sends and receives data via modem. But
> sometimes the program "freeze" in FREAD function. Then I
> go to ControlPanel\...\Modems\Properties\Diagnostics\Query
> Modem , restart the program and then work fine.

> 1. How can determine the name of the modem ?
> 2. How can I simulate or execute "Query Modem" ?

> TIA

> Mitja

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:56:26 GMT
 VFP7 & modem
Please tell me where can I found this OCX with
documentation and examples. I have original Windovs XP
Professional and origial VFP7 but I can't find it on my
computer.

TIA
Mitja

Quote:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:36:40 GMT
 VFP7 & modem
Yikes - dusting off the cobwebs here -
it may be part of the common controls that shipped with InterNet Explorer CD
set.
if you have the ocx file -
it will live in either
[osroot]\system[32]\
as mscomm32.ocx

mine lives, on my machine, in
winnt\system32

as for examples - check out www.univeralthread.com
hth - mondo regards [Bill]

Quote:
> Please tell me where can I found this OCX with
> documentation and examples. I have original Windovs XP
> Professional and origial VFP7 but I can't find it on my
> computer.

> TIA
> Mitja

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:50:49 GMT
 VFP7 & modem
Mitja,
According to MS DLL Help Database
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/filevers...), the
current version of MSCOMM32.OCX came with Visual Studio 6.0 or VFP 6.0. That's the version I have,
and I've installed .NET, VFP 7.0 and VFP 8.0 since then. I'm not sure where you can get it
otherwise.

Rick

Quote:

> Please tell me where can I found this OCX with
> documentation and examples. I have original Windovs XP
> Professional and origial VFP7 but I can't find it on my
> computer.

> TIA
> Mitja

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:56:54 GMT
 VFP7 & modem
Hi, Mitja!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:32:04 -0800:

 M> I wrote a program with low level functions ( FOPEN,
 M> FREAD, .. ) which sends and receives data via modem. But
 M> sometimes the program "freeze" in FREAD function. Then I
 M> go to ControlPanel\...\Modems\Properties\Diagnostics\Query
 M> Modem , restart the program and then work fine.

 M> 1. How can determine the name of the modem ?
 M> 2. How can I simulate or execute "Query Modem" ?

You'd better use MSComm ActiveX to communicate to your modem...

WBR, Igor

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:13:46 GMT

1. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10797

2. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10791

3. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10793

4. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11787

5. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10799

6. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10796

7. TAPI - get & save modem configuration

8. Question : Foxpro & Modems

9. VFP7 Drag & Drop

10. VFP7 & VSS Integration

11. ShellExecute & VFP7