parametric reports....
Author Message
 parametric reports....

Hi,

I am new to VFP Reports. Can any one tell me how can I generate the
parametric reports. Say I have TODAYS_DATE in my table. How can I generate
the reports on end of the day (for today only). I have data in the table for
over few days.

The date should be in such a way that it should be inputted by the
user...say from 12/5/2003 to 13/5/2003....and I want all the transactions in
the form of reports for the above two days. Is this possible in VFP?

Thanks

Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:09:55 GMT
 parametric reports....
Yes, it's possible, generate your report without cursor in your
DataEnviroment, in your fields change the expression of your fields from
"Cursor.FieldName" to just "FieldName" (without quoutes), then before
you send your report create the cursor.

Thisform::GenerateReport

ldInit = This.InitDate
ldEnd  = This.EndDate

SELECT * FROM myBaseTable ;
      WHERE BETWEEN(DataField,ldInit,ldEnd) ;
      INTO CURSOR cReport

REPORT FORM myReport NOCONSOLE PREVIEW

Hope this Helps

--
Apoya a Visual FoxPro usndolo legalmente
?,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o?,??,?o`o

Acapulco, Guerrero. Mxico
---

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am new to VFP Reports. Can any one tell me how can I generate the
> parametric reports. Say I have TODAYS_DATE in my table. How can I generate
> the reports on end of the day (for today only). I have data in the table for
> over few days.

> The date should be in such a way that it should be inputted by the
> user...say from 12/5/2003 to 13/5/2003....and I want all the transactions in
> the form of reports for the above two days. Is this possible in VFP?

> Thanks

Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:33:02 GMT
 parametric reports....
Hi,

You'll need to create a form to accept the user's 'from' and 'to'
dates.
Create a new form and add 2 TextBoxes: TxtFrom & TxtTo.
Set their Format property to D (Current SET DATE format).
Add a command button to the form and in its Click event put
something like this ...

ldStart=ThisForm.TxtFrom.Value
ldEnd=ThisForm.TxtTo.Value
Select * from Mytable ;
    Where BETWEEN(Todays_Date,ldStart,ldEnd) ;
    Into Cursor Temp
Report Form MyReport.frx To Printer NoConsole

Just make sure when you design your report, you don't include
the table alias in the field expressions.

Roger
--
Roger Ansell
Adelaide, Australia

My real email address is ransell  at senet.dot com dot au

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am new to VFP Reports. Can any one tell me how can I generate the
> parametric reports. Say I have TODAYS_DATE in my table. How can I generate
> the reports on end of the day (for today only). I have data in the table for
> over few days.

> The date should be in such a way that it should be inputted by the
> user...say from 12/5/2003 to 13/5/2003....and I want all the transactions in
> the form of reports for the above two days. Is this possible in VFP?

> Thanks

Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:57:11 GMT

1. Make a report without report generator

2. report of only the current record using a report form

3. Generate Report Code from Report Writer

4. Convert vfp 6 report to vfp 3 report

5. Crystal Report vs VFP Report Writer

6. Inserting a report into another report

7. Page setup in report at runtime wasn't same as Report Design

8. How Report be Maximzed During preview report

9. How to print End of Report in the last page in report form

10. Convert Access Reports to VFP Reports?

11. Merged Reports with Report Builder ?

12. Report inside Report - possible ?