Comp. Maj/Min in foxprow 2.5
Author Message
 Comp. Maj/Min in foxprow 2.5

-------------  IN ENGLISH  ---------------------

Hello,

I've got a problem with a string comparison in foxprow 2.5:

when i test if

"aa-bb-CC" = "aa-bb-cc"

Foxprow 2.5 told me .T.

but when i test if

at("aa-bb-CC","aa-bb-cc") # 0

Foxprow 2.5 told me .F.

This is a big problem for me..

I have looked for the foxprow configuration without results...

Thank in advance

Jean-Luc

--------------   IN FRENCH -----------------

Bonjour,

J'ai un probleme avec la comparaison de chaine dans foxprow 2.5 :

quand je teste si

"aa-bb-CC" = "aa-bb-cc"

Foxprow 2.5 me renvoie .T.

quand je teste si

at("aa-bb-CC","aa-bb-cc") # 0

Foxprow 2.5 me renvoie .F.

C'est un problme pour moi. Je dois faire la diffrence entre les
majuscule et les minuscules...

Si vous avez la solution, merci de me rpondre par email a :

J'ai recherche dans les configs de foxprow sans resultats...

Merci d'avance

Jean-Luc

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Comp. Maj/Min in foxprow 2.5

[ Coutesy cc:'ed to quoted author through e-mail ]
[ slightly reformatted for ease of reading ]

Quote:
>Hello,
>I've got a problem with a string comparison in foxprow 2.5:
>When i test if
>"aa-bb-CC" = "aa-bb-cc"
>Foxprow 2.5 told me .T.  But when i test if
>at("aa-bb-CC","aa-bb-cc") # 0
>Foxprow 2.5 told me .F.  This is a big problem for me..

>I have looked for the foxprow configuration without results...

I was unable to reproduce this problem in FPW 2.6a for any setting of
EXACT and NEAR, so I guess this bug was fixed in version 2.6a.  If you
can't upgrade, you'll have to live with the work-around you found.

[fix reply-to address before replying - I'm sick and tired of junk e-mail]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, GCRC system manager Mt.Sinai School of Medicine, NY

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Comp. Maj/Min in foxprow 2.5

Jean-Luc,

Try using the following:

at( UPPER("aa-bb-CC"), UPPER("aa-bb-cc")) # 0

--
Jon Ziegler
Vertex Software, Inc.

snip...

Quote:
> when i test if

> "aa-bb-CC" = "aa-bb-cc"

> Foxprow 2.5 told me .T.

> but when i test if

> at("aa-bb-CC","aa-bb-cc") # 0

> Foxprow 2.5 told me .F.

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Comp. Maj/Min in foxprow 2.5

Quote:
> I've got a problem with a string comparison in foxprow 2.5:
> When i test if
> "aa-bb-CC" = "aa-bb-cc"
> Foxprow 2.5 told me .T.

When I test same FoxPro 2.5 returns, correctly, .f.

--
Bob Ruple
http://www.ix.netcom.com/~bruple

Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Comp. Maj/Min in foxprow 2.5

Hi,

why don't you toggle the setting of ANSI ??? It directly alters the string
comparison behavior.
Murat

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ***Anyone using VB/comp layer to Foxpro 2.5

2. @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

3. Strange FoxProw 2.5/WFW problem

4. WIN3.1 printing from FoxProW 2.5

5. Printing multipage reports using FoxproW 2.5 on Lantastic/Workgroup

6. foxprow 2.5 & win2k

7. graphic under foxprow 2.5

8. FoxproW 2.5

9. Foxprow 2.5 problem