Foxpro replication across TCP/IP?
Author Message
 Foxpro replication across TCP/IP?

Greetings,

We wish to access a reasonably large database that is being updated in
real-time across a TCP/IP link. We are running a replicated version of this
database now that is being expensively rebuilt (greater than 1 hour rebuild
time) with each batch mode update.

I would really like a solution that either:

1: Just gives us the updated records from the FoxPro database (adds, deletes)
so we can rebuild quickly. (Is this easy in FoxPro?)

2: Lets us query the database from a Unix server across an Internet link (so we
don't have to replicate it)

I'd appreciate any info!

 Benjamin McLemore      Synapse Group, Ltd.    Information Architects

 1950 Stemmons Frwy.                              214/746.3732  voice
 Dallas, TX 75207     http://www.*-*-*.com/         746.3742  fax

Wed, 15 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro replication across TCP/IP?
Greetings,

We wish to access a reasonably large database that is being updated in
real-time across a TCP/IP link. We are running a replicated version of this
database now that is being expensively rebuilt (greater than 1 hour rebuild
time) with each batch mode update.

I would really like a solution that either:

1: Just gives us the updated records from the FoxPro database (adds, deletes)
so we can rebuild quickly. (Is this easy in FoxPro?)

2: Lets us query the database from a Unix server across an Internet link (so we
don't have to replicate it)

I'd appreciate any info!

 Benjamin McLemore      Synapse Group, Ltd.    Information Architects

 1950 Stemmons Frwy.                              214/746.3732  voice
 Dallas, TX 75207    http://synapse-group.com         746.3742  fax

Wed, 15 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro replication across TCP/IP?
: Greetings,

: We wish to access a reasonably large database that is being updated in
: real-time across a TCP/IP link. We are running a replicated version of this
: database now that is being expensively rebuilt (greater than 1 hour rebuild
: time) with each batch mode update.

: I would really like a solution that either:

: 1: Just gives us the updated records from the FoxPro database (adds, deletes)
: so we can rebuild quickly. (Is this easy in FoxPro?)

    If source of your APP's exist, you may keep track of changes in FoxPro
database, but it means replacement of each DELETE with DO myDelete WITH .. and
each INSERT with INSERT + DO myInsert, etc. But upgrading of FoxPro database
with changes, made in large database is complex enough too.

: 2: Lets us query the database from a Unix server across an Internet link (so we
: don't have to replicate it)

    To do it (if you already have TCP/IP connection), you must have ODBC driver
for your database server and (probably) corresponding Net product
(Informix-Net, for example). But possibly such a solution will take more time
to rewrite your FoxPro APP's than first.

: I'd appreciate any info!

            WBR, Vadim J. Nikitin
: --
:  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
:  Benjamin McLemore      Synapse Group, Ltd.    Information Architects

:  1950 Stemmons Frwy.                              214/746.3732  voice
:  Dallas, TX 75207    http://synapse-group.com         746.3742  fax
:  ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sun, 19 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Foxpro across PC/TCP?

2. TCP/IP library for FoxPro

3. Foxpro API, LKC and TCP/IP?

4. TCP/IP and Foxpro

5. Foxpro dos, TCP/IP nd FTP

6. FP 2.6 driven by TCP/IP?

7. TCP/IP: Sockets or other?

8. New TCP/IP for WFW3.11 from Microsoft

9. Share Application using TCP/IP

10. TCP/IP

11. print-problem on tcp/ip

12. TCP/IP