Retrieve number of local records when fetchasneeded = .t.
Author Message
 Retrieve number of local records when fetchasneeded = .t.

If I use Reccount() , this forces the entire remote table to be loaded in
the local cursor. But ...  in the status bar i see the records retrieved (
100 default ).

Thanks for some clues

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:54:09 GMT
 Retrieve number of local records when fetchasneeded = .t.
Pedro -
--------------------

Quote:
>If I use Reccount() , this forces the entire remote table to be loaded in
>the local cursor. But ...  in the status bar i see the records retrieved (
>100 default ).

Sometimes the status bar takes a few seconds to refresh. Try issuing a "GO BOTTOM", or scrolling the BROWSE window or grid. How many
records does your remote view load?
--
Gene Goldhammer
Microsoft VSData Team

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note:  For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they
originated.

Wed, 11 Jan 2006 07:17:56 GMT

1. System Variable for number of records retrieved

2. FetchAsNeeded with local views - VFP6/SP3

3. retrieve version and build number...

4. Retrieving version number

5. Retrieving FoxPro Records With ASP

6. How do I retrieve the first 20 records from a cursor

7. Quick record search/retrieve

8. help???? retrieve a record

9. local views contain deleted records

10. last updated record in local view does not refresh in display

11. Local view / add record

12. Local Views and Deleted Records