Point/Separator Problem with printing
Author Message
 Point/Separator Problem with printing

Hi there,

I have some problems printing the correct point and separator as defined
with both the 'set'-commands.
Point = comma and separator = dot (in contrary to the american style).
Example:
var = 1234.50
In the command window I get the following result:

Quote:
> 1.234,50

In the report:

Quote:
> 1,234.50

Any ideas and solutions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

PS The windows setting are as in the european style (point=comma and
separator=dot).

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:52:36 GMT
 Point/Separator Problem with printing

If your report does not have a private datasession, ie runs on a cursor, you
will have no problem.
If it has a private datasession though you have to set your DE of the
report.
I do in in the BeforeOpenTables of the DE of the report
Just put a function in : eg App._DataSession.SetValues(set('DataSession'))
The arguement to your function must be the Datasession of the report (see
above)

The function should look like this:
-------------
lparameters da

* set it

local i, cmd

set datasession to da

for i = 1 to this.ControlCount
 SetCmd = this.Controls[i].SetCmd
 &SetCmd
endfor

set DataSession to    && ie the default
-----------------------------

| Hi there,
|
| I have some problems printing the correct point and separator as defined
| with both the 'set'-commands.
| Point = comma and separator = dot (in contrary to the american style).
| Example:
| var = 1234.50
| In the command window I get the following result:

| > 1.234,50
|
| In the report:

| > 1,234.50
|
| Any ideas and solutions appreciated.
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| PS The windows setting are as in the european style (point=comma and
| separator=dot).

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:12:02 GMT

1. Problem with point of sale printing

2. Problem repositioning record point to end of grid when appending records

3. No comma as thousands separator in numeric fields

4. How to remove a separator in the toolbar?

5. Comma separators for Numeric data in reports

6. Thousand Separator in GRID Box

7. Menu Separator

8. Problem in printing of report in pre-printed stationary

9. Print pre-print form problem

10. problem printing on pre-printed forms

11. Printing problem when printing on different printers

12. how to add menu points to IExplore?