help - the "help" command does nothing
Author Message
 help - the "help" command does nothing

Had the same problem.  Found that there is a bug in the VFP setup wizard
that did not include 2 required files.  I had tried to use the VFP6.0 setup
wizard to distribute my app. Found it pretty lacking so i purchased
installshield express. To determine what VFP files i needed to install, i
ran the VFP6.0 setup wizard and looked at what fox files it was grabbing. So
then i made sure that my installshield routine had those files.

The problem was that the VFP6.0 setup wizard SHOULD have included two
additional files in the setup routine BUT the 2 files were left out.
Microsoft has apparently corrected this with an update to the wizard. There
is a KB article on their site about this.

I added the 2 missing files and everything is kosher.  I believe the 2
missing files are:

FOXHHELP.EXE
FOXHHELPPS.DLL

Quote:

>Under NT some of the computers on the LAN do not respond to F1 or correctly
>process the "HELP" command.
>The commands ...
>    set help to myhelp.chm
>    help
>Do nothing. hhupd.exe has been successfully run and from explorer you can
>double click the .chm file and it opens correctly. Any help at all would be
>appreciated.

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 help - the "help" command does nothing
Under NT some of the computers on the LAN do not respond to F1 or correctly
process the "HELP" command.
The commands ...
    set help to myhelp.chm
    help
Do nothing. hhupd.exe has been successfully run and from explorer you can
double click the .chm file and it opens correctly. Any help at all would be
appreciated.

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem setting object to "nothing"

2. "Help" help

3. help: "growing" a window

4. MSDN Help "grayed out"

5. HELP: "Variable xyz not found"

6. HELP: "Too many READs in effect"

7. Model screen after "help/search" screen

8. Foxprow List "Feature" Help

9. HELP - "MEMO field missing/invalid"

10. Help with "Cannot Update File" error

11. Lost in thousands of "tech papers", help

12. "Report From" help