Running a 2.6 (dos) program from Visual FoxPro 6 program
Author Message
 Running a 2.6 (dos) program from Visual FoxPro 6 program

I am using windows NT version 4 SP(4). I am using Visual
FoxPro 6 SP(5). I am trying to run a FoxPro 2.6 DOS .FXP
from within a Visual FoxPro 6 FXP. When I try to run
something like PKZIP.EXE from my program using "!/0
c:\pkzip.exe" everything works fine. If I try to run a
FoxPro 2.6 FXP by using "!/0 c:\test.FXP", the program
tries to run but instantly disappears. The program kind-of
ran once but as it did the Visual FoxPro 6 developement
environment suddenly loaded on top of it and the DOS
program was way out of proportion on the screen. Is there
a way to run the FoxPro 2.6 FXP in a neatly displayed
window like the PKZIP program does? ANY help would be
greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 02:23:53 GMT
 Running a 2.6 (dos) program from Visual FoxPro 6 program
Not tried this, but if you still have a copy of FPD2.6, try running

!<path to fpd26>\foxprox <path to fxp>\myprog.fxp

Not sure what the /0 switch is meant to do, but if you just run !/0
c:\test.fxp, I'd imagine that Windows would try to launch the 2.6 compiled
FXP using whichever program is associated with it, in this case most likely
VFP6.

Quote:
> I am using windows NT version 4 SP(4). I am using Visual
> FoxPro 6 SP(5). I am trying to run a FoxPro 2.6 DOS .FXP
> from within a Visual FoxPro 6 FXP. When I try to run
> something like PKZIP.EXE from my program using "!/0
> c:\pkzip.exe" everything works fine. If I try to run a
> FoxPro 2.6 FXP by using "!/0 c:\test.FXP", the program
> tries to run but instantly disappears. The program kind-of
> ran once but as it did the Visual FoxPro 6 developement
> environment suddenly loaded on top of it and the DOS
> program was way out of proportion on the screen. Is there
> a way to run the FoxPro 2.6 FXP in a neatly displayed
> window like the PKZIP program does? ANY help would be
> greatly appreciated.

> Jerry

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 05:27:16 GMT
 Running a 2.6 (dos) program from Visual FoxPro 6 program
Try creating a shortcut to your FXP with the right settings for
running in a window etc, the run the .lnk file instead.

--

-
- Almost, sweet talk, caffeine ...

Quote:
> I am using windows NT version 4 SP(4). I am using Visual
> FoxPro 6 SP(5). I am trying to run a FoxPro 2.6 DOS .FXP
> from within a Visual FoxPro 6 FXP. When I try to run
> something like PKZIP.EXE from my program using "!/0
> c:\pkzip.exe" everything works fine. If I try to run a
> FoxPro 2.6 FXP by using "!/0 c:\test.FXP", the program
> tries to run but instantly disappears. The program kind-of
> ran once but as it did the Visual FoxPro 6 developement
> environment suddenly loaded on top of it and the DOS
> program was way out of proportion on the screen. Is there
> a way to run the FoxPro 2.6 FXP in a neatly displayed
> window like the PKZIP program does? ANY help would be
> greatly appreciated.

> Jerry

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:59:02 GMT

1. Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

2. Special character problem to run FoxPro program in Visual FoxPro

3. Running DOS programs from Foxpro Windows

4. how can I get DOS foxpro 2.5 to allow other programs to run under Windows

5. Running Foxpro 2.6 programs under NT Server

6. Running 2 programs at the same time within a program

7. RUN outside program as child of VFP Program

8. Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs

9. running DOS Program in Windows?

10. Running Dos command or programs from FPW2.6

11. VFP: Running a DOS Program

12. Unable to run this program in DOS mode