Frustrated by command line parameters in visual foxpro 5
Author Message
 Frustrated by command line parameters in visual foxpro 5

Hello,

I would like to call vfox 5 from the command line, with arguments :

 \vfox5\vfp.exe myprog.prg file1 file2 ... etc

or

 \vfox5\vfp.exe myprog.prg file1 file2 ... etc

Now, this worked with fox 2.6 for dos.  It worked for vfox 3.  It works,
on two machines I tried (properly installed etc), and fails to work on
another.

On my current machine, typing :

 \vfox5\vfp.exe myprog.prg file1 file2

starts vfox, but it totally fails to see the program, ie I'm left at the
command window (i.e. as if I had just typed \vfox5\vfp.exe).  ? pcount()
says 0.

Doing :

 cmd /c myprog.prg file1 file2

*does* run the program, but if you ? pcount() in it, you see 0.

The most frustrating thing about this is that is works on some machines
and not others !!!

Thank in advance for any help,

freddie vander elst (fve c/o phgroup dot com)
london
Plese answer by mail too - thanks.

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. command line parameters in visual foxpro 5

2. Foxpro 2.6 Debugger, Starting with Command Line Parameters

3. How are command line parameters passed/used?

4. Passing command line parameters to a VFP EXE

5. vfp6 command line parameters???

6. Command line parameters

7. Command Line parameters

8. Passing command line parameters project EXE

9. Command Line Parameters

10. Passing parameter to VFP on Command Line

11. vfp6 command line parameters???

12. Command Line Parameters