messagebox()
Author Message
 messagebox()

I'm new to VFP and I'm running v6.

I'm having trouble understanding how to use the _msgbox class in
utilities.vcx.

I'm used to using messagebox(), but I thought I'd use this to get more of a
feel for this OOP.

I know this is basic but I'd be grateful for some help.

Thanks
Rob

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 messagebox()
Hi Rob,
The advantage of this approach is that you have to set the title and the
dialog type only once and as long as the object exists you've the only
necessary parameter is the message that you want to display.
oBox=createo("_msgbox")
*-- Sets the properties for message, type, title, and beep.
oBox.set( "TestNachricht",48,"Testtitel",.t.,4)
&&oBox.Set(tcMessage,tnType,tcTitle,tlBeep,tnParameters)
lnChoice=oBox.show()
do case
    case lnChoice
     .
endcase
--

mfg

Wolfgang Schmale / Germany

Quote:
> I'm new to VFP and I'm running v6.

> I'm having trouble understanding how to use the _msgbox class in
> utilities.vcx.

> I'm used to using messagebox(), but I thought I'd use this to get more of
> feel for this OOP.

> I know this is basic but I'd be grateful for some help.

> Thanks
> Rob

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 messagebox()
I just use the normal messagebox() function.  :o)

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Messagebox Text sizing

2. help button on messagebox

3. messagebox( )

4. MessageBox visual construction

5. Visual FoxPro v3.0b y WIN 3.X MESSAGEBOX (I need help)

6. Messageboxes - 1st, 2nd or 3rd person?

7. Help with messagebox()?

8. messagebox option

9. Source for MESSAGEBOX() needed...

10. MessageBox Title...