How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0
Author Message
 How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0

I am a new programmer in VFP 5.0 so I have a lot to learn.

I want to communicate with a time recording device that is connected on my
computer with COM1.

I have to send some characters and receve lots of them back .  Is it
possible with VFP 5.0 or do I have to get a tool like CrystalCOMM or
Communications Library ?

Help ?

Thanks
Koen

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0
U need 3rd party tools
go thru www.hallogram.com

Quote:
>I am a new programmer in VFP 5.0 so I have a lot to learn.

>I want to communicate with a time recording device that is connected on my
>computer with COM1.

>I have to send some characters and receve lots of them back .  Is it
>possible with VFP 5.0 or do I have to get a tool like CrystalCOMM or
>Communications Library ?

>Help ?

>Thanks
>Koen

Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0
Take a look at MScomm32.OCX. I use it to communicate with a few different
RS-232 devices, and it works well. BTW, MSComm32.OCX comes with your VFP
5.0, but the documentation is included with VFP 3.0. An oversight by
Microsoft.

Quote:
>I am a new programmer in VFP 5.0 so I have a lot to learn.

>I want to communicate with a time recording device that is connected on my
>computer with COM1.

>I have to send some characters and receve lots of them back .  Is it
>possible with VFP 5.0 or do I have to get a tool like CrystalCOMM or
>Communications Library ?

>Help ?

>Thanks
>Koen

Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0
Hi Koen,

I have a user control that can open the COM1 and store the information in a
temporary file.
You can open the file and update your database.
The control works as follows.
Application name : CommOpen
a. Run the CommOpen on your Windows 95 PC.
b. Choose the Comm port and choose the baud rate
c. The application will open the COM and what ever information is received
through the port
will be placed in a flat file that is specified by the user.
After this, the work will be yours.

The application can also be customised to suit your requirement if you are
sure of receiving the information
in a proper format.

If you are interested to get this, reply back.

Thanks
Kumar

Res. Phone : (65) 789 0332
Singapore

Quote:

> I am a new programmer in VFP 5.0 so I have a lot to learn.

> I want to communicate with a time recording device that is connected on my
> computer with COM1.

> I have to send some characters and receve lots of them back .  Is it
> possible with VFP 5.0 or do I have to get a tool like CrystalCOMM or
> Communications Library ?

> Help ?

> Thanks
> Koen

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to communicate with my COM1 in VFP 5.0
Hi Koen,

I have a user control that can open the COM1 and store the information in a
temporary file.
You can open the file and update your database.
The control works as follows.
Application name : CommOpen
a. Run the CommOpen on your Windows 95 PC.
b. Choose the Comm port and choose the baud rate
c. The application will open the COM and what ever information is received
through the port
will be placed in a flat file that is specified by the user.
After this, the work will be yours.

The application can also be customised to suit your requirement if you are
sure of receiving the information
in a proper format.

If you are interested to get this, reply back.

Thanks
Kumar

Res. Phone : (65) 789 0332
Singapore

Quote:

> I am a new programmer in VFP 5.0 so I have a lot to learn.

> I want to communicate with a time recording device that is connected on my
> computer with COM1.

> I have to send some characters and receve lots of them back .  Is it
> possible with VFP 5.0 or do I have to get a tool like CrystalCOMM or
> Communications Library ?

> Help ?

> Thanks
> Koen

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. vfp apps running simultaneously and communicating with each other

2. Pls help, how to communicate with RS232 in VFP 3

3. VFP - Reading from com1 port

4. VFP 6.0 and sharing COM1

5. Help: I want to send data from com1/com2 in VFP

6. Communicating w/ other objects

7. How can a list and a grid communicate?

8. Modal form to communicate with another form

9. communicating with modem in foxpro2.6

10. Communicating across network

11. How Communicate between programs running on different workstations?

12. How to communicate with a serial port?