combo in form selectively displays in pageframe
Author Message
 combo in form selectively displays in pageframe

This is probably not possible but i'll ask
anyway. I have a combo in the form that i'd
like to relocate to the pageframe but i want
it to appear on page1 and page2 of the pageframe
but not on page3. Is this possible?
Thanks.

jw

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:01:18 GMT
 combo in form selectively displays in pageframe
Hello, jw!
You wrote  on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:01:18 +0800:

 j> This is probably not possible but i'll ask
 j> anyway. I have a combo in the form that i'd
 j> like to relocate to the pageframe but i want
 j> it to appear on page1 and page2 of the pageframe
 j> but not on page3. Is this possible?
 j> Thanks.

 j> jw

I see two options:
- use two comboboxes: one on page1 and one on page 2. You might want to
create a combobox class and write all code in the class only.
or
- add one combobox to the form (at form level, not at page level). In
page1.activate and page2.activate, set combobox.visible = .T.; in
page3.activate, set combobox.visible = .F.
---
Eric den Doop

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:22:03 GMT
 combo in form selectively displays in pageframe

Quote:
> Hello, jw!
> You wrote  on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:01:18 +0800:

>  j> This is probably not possible but i'll ask
>  j> anyway. I have a combo in the form that i'd
>  j> like to relocate to the pageframe but i want
>  j> it to appear on page1 and page2 of the pageframe
>  j> but not on page3. Is this possible?
>  j> Thanks.

>  j> jw

> I see two options:
> - use two comboboxes: one on page1 and one on page 2. You might want to
> create a combobox class and write all code in the class only.
> or
> - add one combobox to the form (at form level, not at page level). In
> page1.activate and page2.activate, set combobox.visible = .T.; in
> page3.activate, set combobox.visible = .F.

Go with option 1.  Using a single combo (option 2) raises
tab order problems.  As the user tabs through the controls
on the pageframe, it will skip over the control that is
not on the pageframe.  And to work around that, you'd have
to add code to the GotFocus and LostFocus methods.
It's much, much easier to just put an identical copy of the
control on both pages.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 00:53:09 GMT
 combo in form selectively displays in pageframe
Thanks for the reply.
I am thinking of a third option, kind of a
workaround only.  Put only 1 combobox in the
pageframe common to all pages. On the third
page place another control, in my case,
a textbox with the same height, width and left
position right over where the combo is.

jw

Quote:

> Hello, jw!
> You wrote  on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:01:18 +0800:

>  j> This is probably not possible but i'll ask
>  j> anyway. I have a combo in the form that i'd
>  j> like to relocate to the pageframe but i want
>  j> it to appear on page1 and page2 of the pageframe
>  j> but not on page3. Is this possible?
>  j> Thanks.

>  j> jw

> I see two options:
> - use two comboboxes: one on page1 and one on page 2. You might want to
> create a combobox class and write all code in the class only.
> or
> - add one combobox to the form (at form level, not at page level). In
> page1.activate and page2.activate, set combobox.visible = .T.; in
> page3.activate, set combobox.visible = .F.
> ---
> Eric den Doop
> www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Wed, 07 Sep 2005 01:01:26 GMT
 combo in form selectively displays in pageframe
jw,

Then maybe the control doesn't belong "inside" the pageframe at all. Does it
make sense to have one cbo outside the pageframe that is only enabled when
the first two pages are active?

--
df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro

Quote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> I am thinking of a third option, kind of a
> workaround only.  Put only 1 combobox in the
> pageframe common to all pages. On the third
> page place another control, in my case,
> a textbox with the same height, width and left
> position right over where the combo is.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:10:28 GMT
 combo in form selectively displays in pageframe
You are quite right. I was just showing how
i dealt with the problem before i saw your
options. Now i know where i'm going to go.
Option one in your last suggestion is what
i'm going for. THanks.

jw

Quote:

> jw,

> Then maybe the control doesn't belong "inside" the pageframe at all. Does it
> make sense to have one cbo outside the pageframe that is only enabled when
> the first two pages are active?

> --
> df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro

> > Thanks for the reply.
> > I am thinking of a third option, kind of a
> > workaround only.  Put only 1 combobox in the
> > pageframe common to all pages. On the third
> > page place another control, in my case,
> > a textbox with the same height, width and left
> > position right over where the combo is.

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:28:03 GMT

1. Selectively Disabling buttons form a function

2. Combo box shows in all pages of pageframe

3. 3rd party grid control displays through pageframe

4. combo box display

5. Combo box display issue

6. Displaying item in combo box

7. Displaying child records in combo

8. Number of lines displayed in a combo box (size)

9. Displaying Combo box fields

10. Multi-column Combo w/SQL RowSource only displays one column

11. Combo box displays

12. Displaying Child records in a combo